Seesaw: The Learning Journal
By Seesaw Learning, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Seesaw is a student-driven digital portfolio that empowers students of any age to independently document what they are learning at school and share it with their teachers, parents, classmates, and even the world.
Used in over 200,000 classrooms, 1-in-4 schools in the US, and over 100 countries!
**Named Best Website of 2016 by American Association of School Librarians, Top Pick for Education 2016 by Common Sense Media, Richard Byrne's Free Tech for Teachers, and featured in by Apple as "Perfect for Every Classroom" for 9 months.**
WHAT IS SEESAW?:
For students, Seesaw helps them see their own growth and provides an audience for their work - whether that be peers, parents, or the world at large.
For families, Seesaw gives an immediate, personalized window into their child’s day so they can support learning at home.
For teachers, Seesaw saves time on organization and communication, makes formative assessment easy, and provides a safe place to teach digital citizenship skills.
Easily Capture Student Learning in Any Form
∙ Students can use photos, videos, drawings, text notes, links or PDFs to show what they know and store evidence in their digital portfolio. You can also import from 100s of other apps.
∙ When students add to Seesaw, content is uploaded, organized by student, and accessible from any device.
∙ Teachers can browse work from the entire class or for a single student. Optionally, use folders to organize work by subject area project, or assessment standard.
Sign In Options that Work for All Ages
∙ Young learners or classrooms with shared devices can sign in with a QR code.
∙ Older students can sign in with their email address or Google account.
Encourage Reflection and Provide an Authentic Audience
∙ Seesaw helps capture the learning process not just the end result. Students can use Seesaw’s built-in audio recording and drawing tools to reflect on what they've learned or explain how they got their answer.
∙ Seesaw gives students an authentic audience of their peers and parents, encouraging better work and real feedback. Teachers can control who can see what, and what feedback options are available, such as likes and comments.
Strengthen Connections Between School and Home
∙ Include families in the learning process by inviting them to view updates to their child’s Seesaw journal. Seesaw’s immediate, visual updates actually get seen by parents, provide encouragement for students, and cross language barriers.
∙ Teachers approve all new additions and comments before anything is shared with parents.
∙ Translation into 50+ languages of text Note posts, comments, and captions.
Seesaw Blogs -- the easiest way to create a blog for your class!
- Create a public web page for your class and give students a global audience for their work.
- Teachers and students can post a selection of Seesaw items to the class blog in just one tap. No other apps, websites or embed codes needed! All posts are teacher-moderated.
- Connect to other class blogs directly within the Seesaw app so students can easily comment and collaborate with students from other classrooms.
Teacher Resource Center at help.seesaw.me
∙ Getting started tips, professional development resources, FAQ.
∙ More than 100 Common Core aligned activity ideas for K-12.
+++ Need help? Have feedback? Email us email@example.com or tweet @Seesaw +++
What's New in Version 4.6
- Google Drive, Dropbox and iCloud Integration is here! Tap the *new* Add File button, then select files from Google Drive, iCloud Drive or Dropbox to add into Seesaw. Files are automatically converted into a Seesaw-compatible format like a PDF, making files easily viewable by students and connected families.
- Teachers can now reset student passwords. If students forget the password to their Seesaw email account, teachers can set a new password for them from Manage Class > Manage Students menu.
- Translation tool bug fixes. Fixes issue where "See Translation" was not showing consistently for devices set to languages other than English.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Parents love it!
We started using Seesaw last week and because the app has such a clean and easy to use interface, my 3rd graders are using it with joy and posting all their best work almost daily! Parents love it because they get instant updates when their student has added something to their portfolio and they can type or record a comment. I wish I had discovered this at the beginning of the year!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 18, 2017
- Version: 4.6
- Size: 164 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Seesaw Learning, Inc.
- © 2016 Seesaw Learning Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month of Seesaw Plus$12.99