By Michal Krzysztofowicz
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Seismo is a little free application that allows you to get a list of earthquakes from around the world.
Seismo uses the data feed provided by United States Geological Survey (USGS) to display the details about all earthquakes from the list.
What's New in Version 1.61
A lot has changed since version 1.0, with quite a number of interim minor releases, each with a few small fixes, changes or enhancements - hence the increment in version number.
• NEW: Google Map support. Now the app can show all earthquakes on a map in a separate window
• NEW: Google Map support for individual earthquakes. Now, when opening Detailed Information window, you have the option to show the earthquake location on the map (this will open separate Map window, different than the Map of All Earthquakes)
• NEW: Copy and Paste support
• NEW: Added Location Search
• CHANGE: Seismo is now using a new API at USGS to get the list of earthquakes
• CHANGE: Double clicking on an earthquake in the main window now opens Detailed Information instead of Web Page Sheet with the USGS Website
• CHANGE: Web Links in About Panel are now clickable
• FIX: About Panel becomes active when open
Great app, data is true and useable.
Very easy and straightforward. Would like to see the world map a bit bigger and an option to switch between standard and metric values. Well done app.
The landscape for Earthquake app’s for the Mac is scarce to say the least, I like this one so far and I would be interested in when the next update will be out for 2014?, thanks.
Good and Accurate!
The only thing lacking is an iPhone version.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 07, 2013
- Version: 1.61
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michal Krzysztofowicz
- © 2013 Michal Krzysztofowicz
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor