Help when you need it, for those with seizure disorders.
SeizAlarm is a user-friendly iPhone and Apple Watch app which allows those with epilepsy and other seizure disorders to alert emergency contacts when they need help*.
- Seizure detection. Seizure-like detection is done via the motion sensors on the iPhone and/or motion sensors or heart rate sensor on the Apple Watch. Sensitivity controls allow you to set customized settings specific to you. When a potential seizure is detected, emergency contacts will automatically be contacted via multiple channels (text message, phone call and email).
- Send immediate help requests manually to emergency contacts.
- There is also a manually activated time delayed help request feature (via the "Time Delayed Help" button) that is helpful for those that have localized seizures (auras) that may turn into generalized tonic-clonic seizures. You are able to custom set the delay time in the settings. When a seizure warning is initiated you will see a countdown which can be extended via the press of a button. If you end up becoming unresponsive due to a seizure then once the timer ends a help request will be sent.
- When a help request is sent your contacts will be contacted with GPS coordinates (if available), so they know exactly where you are.
- You can are also able to track your seizure events with robust logging features. A log dashboard gives you a high level view of past events. You can also export reports to provide to your doctor.
- SeizAlarm also supports multiple emergency contact support, so more than one person can be contacted when you need help.
- Optional audible siren and/or custom typed message that plays if a help request is sent.
- International phone number support for emergency contact(s).
Help is just a button press away. Start taking back your independence today.
Please give us feedback on how the seizure detection is working for you. The more feedback we receive will provide us the information we need to improve detection and reduce false alarms in future versions.
If you have any questions or have feedback, please contact us at: email@example.com. We want to make SeizAlarm the best that it can be, so feedback from our users is very important to us.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Recommended placement of the iPhone for seizure detection is on the arm using an arm band.
- Long use of Watch based seizure-like motion and elevated heart rate detection may dramatically decrease watch battery life.
*New accounts receive a 2 week trial of the "Alerts" service which which allows the user to manually or automatically (via seizure-like motion detection) request help from emergency contacts. Once the trial ends, the user must subscribe to the "Alerts" service to continue to have the ability to request help. The "Alerts" service is an auto-renewing cost of $14.99/month or $149.99/year.
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* The payment will be charged to the user's iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. The robust seizure log features require no subscription.
End User License Agreement: http://www.seizalarm.com/seizalarm_EULA.pdf
* Misc bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
It’s the best seizure tracking app ever and the only one I use. I love the all of the features but alert feature is awesome and really really helpful when all of the sudden things start happening and you need to notify someone quick! I use it with my Apple Watch and it has been great. I have had to send alerts out a few times and it works amazingly at notifying your loved ones. And if you don’t want to pay for the alert feature, the tracking log is amazing and it’s COMPLETELY FREE!! I even put in my weird new symptom so I can talk to my doc about them Bc I’ll never remember by the appointment. Lol So I put it in my log and then I can tell him what day it was, how long it may have lasted, and remember what happened. The whole set up is just great and it has gotten better with every update. I love you seizure app. Thanks for being my little helper!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review. Our goal is to provide a service that gives our users, and their loved ones, peace of mind and give them more freedom. I'm excited to hear that the app/service is working well for you. I invite you and other users to share ideas for future features, let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to hear success stories like yours. Its the reason why we created the app.
Best app for heart rate seizure alerts
My daughter takes 4 epilepsy medications that keep her convulsions low during seizures however does not stop the actual seizures. Her seizures are caught by the increase in heart rate. This app is the only one I have found that reliably alerts me when her heart rate begins to increase at night. We have been able to step in and administer medication for seizures we otherwise would not have known were happening unless we were looking at her at that moment. The Apple 4 watch battery life is lasting 8-9 hours where the series 1 and 2 were only about 4 hours.
Worked very well
My adult daughter installed this app having very recently had her first seizure. We installed the app on Tuesday and got her an Apple Watch on Wednesday with the sensitivity set at moderate. That night at midnight she had her second tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizure in her sleep . SeizAlarm detected it and I immediately started getting notifications via phone, text and email. This has already given me a great relief knowing I can be aware and that she needs assistance. Well done.
- SeizAlarm, LLC
- 21.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 SeizAlarm, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- SeizAlarm Alert Service $6.99
- Help Request Service (Monthly) $14.99
- SeizAlarm Alert Service $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.