Self-help for Anxiety Management
By University of the West of England
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SAM is a friendly app that offers a range of self-help methods for people who are serious about learning to manage their anxiety.
SAM has been developed by a university team of psychologists, computer scientists and student users. Established methods of self-help have been combined with high standards of usability to provide an engaging, flexible, and practical resource.
The key features of SAM are:
• Clearly laid out menus
• User guidance
• External links
• Self-monitoring of anxiety with graphical display
• 25 self-help options covering: Information about anxiety, Thinking and anxiety, Physical relaxation, Mental relaxation, Health and Anxiety
• Guidance on putting self-help into practice
• Closed social network of SAM users
The content of SAM is presented in various media formats in order to support users in learning about anxiety and practicing self-help. Although not text-heavy, users will need to study the guidance to get the best out of SAM. Users are encouraged to build their own Anxiety Toolkit of SAM resources that they find helpful and to draw on this for regular practice in managing situations that are associated with anxiety.
SAM may be used with or without the support of a registered health practitioner but you may wish to consult with your local health or well-being practitioner if you are uncertain about using SAM.
What's New in Version 1.2.8
Updated Samaritans phone number
General bug fixes
didnt really help with the problem, it made it very easy to track though. over all it didnt really help me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 21, 2017
- Version: 1.2.8
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: University of the West of England
- © 2015 University of the West of England, Bristol, UK
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.