By Andrew Parks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
self-titled is your new favorite music magazine, designed and developed for the iPad, with interactive audio and video that plays online AND off!
Now Available In Our New Issue:
• Shlohmo, RL Grime and Groundislava show us around the WEDIDIT office, with cameos from D33J, Ryan Hemsworth, Nick Melons and Purple
• William Bennett shares his life story, from the nihilistic noise of Whitehouse to the rabid polyrhythms of Cut Hands
• Kindness dips into the deeply personal record collection
• Vince Staples reps Long Beach in a lengthy Q&A
• Ariel Pink interviews his favorite new SoCal band, The Garden
• Nancy Whang surveys her scene-stealing work for LCD Soundsystem, the Juan MacLean, Soulwax and more
• Afrikan Sciences breaks down the madcap jazz of Don Cherry
• Sick Feeling explain how to (not) gamble your life away at a horse track
• Dej Loaf speaks her mind on basketball, Julia Roberts and being an introvert
• Geoff Rickly curates a fake art show
• Weyes Blood teaches us how to live off the land
• Youth Code takes us on a tour of LA's Silverlake neighborhood
• Viet Cong develops a double-exposed photo inspired by Panda Bear
• Peaking Lights goes crate-digging on a budget
• Foxygen fills out one of our Mad Libs sheets
Plus a pop culture guide written by Mastodon, Vladislav Delay, A Place to Bury Strangers, Petite Noir, Porter Robinson, Steve Gunn, Torn Hawk, Clark, Noveller and more
When the cover story of self-titled’s second issue—a weekend in Memphis with Jay Reatard—was selected for Da Capo’s prestigious Best Music Writing series, we weren’t surprised to be featured in the same book as Jonathan Lethem, Alex Ross and Dave Eggers. After all, we launched self-titled in 2008 to compete with the major magazines our staff has worked for in the past, including Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, Spin and Time Out New York. We do one thing differently, however: Rather than trying to translate a print magazine for tablets, our issues are built for the iPad from the ground up, making your enhanced reading experience as seamless and progressive as possible.
Editions of self-titled magazine are available for purchase as single issues, or via an auto-renewable subscription as follows:
• Annual subscription for $7.99, issues delivered every 3 months
• Single copy issues for $2.99
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account
• Account will be charged for $7.99 renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
What's New in Version 3.0
iOS 8 compatibility and FREE back issues!