With Sennheiser's AMBEO Smart Headset, capture the world around you in immersive 3D audio! The Smart Headset control app enhances your experience with additional features and customization options.
- With the Situational Awareness setting, turn on Active Noise Cancellation to tune out distractions and tune into your music and video. Or, turn on Transparent Hearing to blend your surroundings with your music for the perfect level of awareness. Enable alternate Transparent Hearing levels to adapt to different surroundings like concerts, urban settings or quiet spaces.
- Set the Recording Level of the 3D microphones for Natural level (general surroundings) or Reduce level (loud concerts and other high volume events).
- Personalize your playback EQ response with two music settings, a spoken word setting, or your own EQ curve.
- Customize the Smart Slider for an array of functions, from quickly launching your favorite audio or video recording app to enabling Interact mode to communicate with those around you.
- Enable Voice Prompts for an audible confirmation of settings changes made with the Situational Awareness rocker switch and Smart Slider.
- Get up and running with the Quickstart guide - a convenient reference for the Smart Headset's features and controls.
- Update your Smart Headset: check the current firmware version and update if necessary.
AMBEO Overview and demo videos now included in the QuickStart Guide. Connection of the Smart Headset isn't required to view the videos.
Simplified Chinese localization of all app controls is now supported.
Ratings and Reviews
Ambeo Smart Headset
I have been wanting a good solution that would give me the ability to make binaural recordings from my iPhone or iPad for a while now. The Ambeo Smart headset has given me this amazing, and I might venture to say underrated, ability. In an earlier review of the Smart Headset app I stated that I would update this review if I received a headset and since I have, here are my findings.
First, I’m happy to say that the app is just about fully accessible to a VoiceOver user. Using VoiceOver, you can set up your Preferences for the Smart Slider and the rocker, and enable or disable voice prompts. You are even able to choose EQ presets for the headset. Unfortunately, the QuickStart guide still does not read with VoiceOver, and there doesn’t seem to be a way for a voiceover user to set a custom EQ curve. Hopefully these issues will be fixed in a future update. Moving away from accessibility, I wish the app made it possible to Force the headset to use a specific microphone. For example, it would be nice if I could use the headset for an app that supports stereo audio for VOIP (such as TeamTalk) but tell the headset to use the telephone microphone so that I’m not constantly transmitting binaural audio to the people I’m talking to. But still, if you’re reading this review and are looking to buy the Ambeo Smart Headset, or you already own one, regardless of your ability to see the screen, I highly recommend you install this app for it onto your iOS devices.
This is very cool
So amazing to have a product like this on the market. Putting spatial audio within everyone’s reach is very exciting. You need the Sennheiser Smart Headset to use the app.
Good work Apogee and Sennheiser!
- Apogee Electronics
- 65.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.3.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2017 - Apogee Electronics Corp. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.