Sensorly – Coverage & Speed Tests
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Do you want to know more about your carrier’s coverage and network performance? Whether you subscribed to AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile or any other carrier across the globe, do you know what can you expect from your plan?
Our goal is simple: Give you the wireless network information you need to make the best decisions and choose the right carrier for you - whether at home, work or on the go.
How do we do that? As a crowdsourced service, Sensorly gathers anonymous data from all users willing to share their experience and wanting to help others better understand what to expect from their carrier’s wireless network. By providing you with this unbiased information on the performance of wireless networks worldwide (based on real data from real people!), Sensorly will help you to:
- See how your carrier’s service compares to your friend’s or family’s service
- Check out a carrier’s signal strength and coverage so you make an informed decision on if you would benefit from switching carriers
- Get real-time insight into your carrier’s network performance
- Better understand what quality of Wi-Fi, LTE and 3G network experience you can expect and where
- Research your carrier’s network to see if you can expect to have coverage on your next vacation, business trip or at an upcoming local event
All in one free – and ad-free – app.
- Coverage & speed maps: Precise and updated daily. With over 500 wireless networks mapped across 50+ countries available in the app, checking a carrier’s coverage & speed has never been easier for all 4G/LTE, 3G, CDMA, GSM and Wi-Fi technologies.
Speed test: As a smartphone user, what is your online experience like? This feature allows you to instantly check your download and upload speed along with your ping time.
Join the Sensorly community and find out what to expect from your carrier
What's New in Version 4.2.0
New! Map Trips - Help the community fill the coverage gaps by mapping trips important to you. Give your trip a name to start it. Hold down the stop button when you are ready to end the trip. Your contributions will be added to the community maps within a day or so. Note: Due to iOS limitations, map trip will only gather data when in the foreground. The trip will pause automatically when the app moves to the background, and you will receive a notification indicating the pause. Opening the app again will resume the existing trip if done within 5 minutes, otherwise the trip will automatically be stopped.
- Activity screen - activities can now be filtered to show Speed Tests, Trips, or all types.
- Activity screen - activities can now be deleted by using the Edit button or swiping left.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
This is WAY more accurate than the other app I had been using ("Coverage?"). So far, this app is been super accurate and we have been traveling across the country. I work remotely full-time, so knowing where I will have coverage is critical. This app satisfies that need, due to the fact that it is designed to use signal strength data from its users, rather than relying on carrier maps. With the old app I was using, it would tell us we should have excellent coverage when we had no signal at all, even with their HD version. That was very frustrating!
I would have rated this app five stars, however I knocked off one star because it can take quite a while for data to load and be displayed on the map. Maybe the data can be compressed for faster delivery? Or maybe you can add an option to download all of the map data for offline use, and then only download the deltas as users' signal data is acquired? I would much rather have data immediately loaded onto the map (even if it's not 100% updated) instead of having to wait for data to be downloaded as I browse my map.
Awesome app!!! Thank you!!
The new map trip feature is great!
This map trip feature is a great way to contribute to a map as you drive! I see the maps where I drove update within a day.
I will say this, please look to make this a background feature where the app is "open" but in the background behind a gps app so people who are traveling long distances can focus on their trip and passively contributing to Sensorly's map.
Again, this is a fantastic new feature for this app!
I was considering changing to a different cellular provider. I'm glad I found Sensorly and learned that, despite the potential provider's website's claims, I would not be able to use that network in my daily commute. Sensorly showed there is little to no signal from that company along my route. It's quite a handy program and I'm happy to contribute to it.