DON'T LET OVERHEAT YOUR MAC! SensorX watches actual and historical temperature extremes for all processor cores for you.
IMPORTANT! DOWNLOAD FREE UPDATE to the latest version from our Support page -->
• sound/message alert if a temperature gets too hot
• watches your CPU temperature
• shows current min and max temperatures of CPU cores
• shows past and average temperatures
• runs silently in menu bar
• low CPU and memory overhead
• configurable display modes and alerts
• configurable update frequency
• support for system notifications
• power optimized for OS X Mavericks
FREE UPDATE TO VERSION 2.8 from SensorX Support web page.
NOTE: if you encounter 'no sensor' message or zero temperature, please update to the latest version from the SensorX Support link (on the right side), or contact our technical support to resolve the issue.
- fixed sensor reading on some Macintosh models
- lowered CPU usage
- uses less space in menu bar
- added German localization
Ratings and Reviews
Upgraded to 2.0
Great program! Monitors CPU temp (high, low, avg, etc.) and allows 2 levels of high temp alarm via text and/or audible alarm. Vers. 2.0 is updated for Mountain Lion and adds Fahrenheit degrees option. You must, however, update from the Aladdin site by making a request thru customer service. The good news is C.S. responded within minutes for me.
Perfect in it's simplicity
This is exactly the app I was looking for. I didn't need an app that monitors every conceivable system metric - just needed the temp. When cutting video, my Macbook Pro runs hot with the lid down when hooked up to an external monitor, which means I have to run a cooler fan underneath. This little app tells me when to turn it on. So far it works like a charm.
Quick response, upgrade coming soon
Popular request was to include a fahrenheit reading, which they are including in their soon to be available upgrade.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.