For better, more Personal OrgCharts.
The Sensus OrgChart app for MAC OS X puts knowledge of your Organisation and the involvement of people working with you at your fingertips. This app makes it easy to define and draw Organisation Charts quickly.
The app is aimed at HR- managers, project leaders and managers whose job involves describing the organisation and the involvement of departments, positions and people working for the business or project. Optimizing the business and giving an insight of who does what.
It enables the user to Visualize the business hierarchy quickly and conveniently and thereby increase the efficiency of projects and organisations. Organizations created with the Sensus OrgChart app can easily be printed or shared.
The Sensus OrgChart app lets you take organisation change to a higher level, with the central focus on sharing, designing
The Sensus OrgChart app enables you to:
• Departments, Positions and involved people
• Add relevant information of the Organization.
• Describe the department description and relation.
• Describe the position description and relation.
• Identify people involved and how to reach them
• Organization Charts
• Ranked department and positions according to status or authority.
• Showing the relation of one official to another
• Draw and identify Staff Departments
• Draw your Organization in automatic or adjust manually
• Adjust Organisation charts to suit your preferences.
• Link people to positions.
Share and publish Organisation Charts
• Export to JPG to include in your presentations.
• Export to XML.
• Print OrgCharts to PDF.
• Print a selection of your OrgCharts to PDF.
• Share processes by email.
The app is available in English, Dutch, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Korean.
Ratings and Reviews
Seriously, don’t waste your time or money
I bought the app, hoping for a quick way to look at some organizational options. This is what happened to me (using a 1-year-old MacBook Pro).
Even if this app worked properly, it has very, very limited functions and is grossly over-priced (at $10.99) for what it ‘does’.
When I tried to move boxes (containing roles) around the page/screen, they flickered wildly all over the place like a bucking bronco. It was distracting, time-consuming and irritating. Certainly not fun.
The print ‘preview’ both places the organization chart halfway down the page, and does not correlate accurately to what is printed.
When I printed it out to review with a colleague, the (limited) text in the boxes was so small as to be unreadable, even with specs on.
While you can print separate ‘notes’ made against each role/box, the format of that is limited and looks klunky.
When I subsequently tried to 'open recent’, the file did not appear (despite being the only file I’d saved).
I eventually found it as a xml file. I was able to open it as hypertext, which was of no practical use.
I then tried to save a second, new file... and the app failed to respond.
I began to wonder if this app might simply be a way to gain access to one's computer. So I have trashed it and cleaned my computer, just in case.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.