Beginning language learners create a sentence with words or picture symbols, then see the sentence animated!
Suitable for special education needs including AAC users and learners with autism, orthopedic impairment, or language disorders.
· Select four symbols or words to "write" a sentence.
· 72 possible animated sentences.
· Text and speech in correct grammatical form
· Touch the text below the animation to replay and hear it again.
· Word-by-word highlighting promotes word recognition.
· Choices are color-coded (Yellow-subject, Green-verb, Orange-object)
· User-friendly: no in-app purchases, ads or links.
· Show symbols only, words only, or both.
· Reset and review data for an individual session.
· Choose from 8 pre-arranged sets or change/delete specific symbols/words.
· Automate change to a new set of symbols/words after 5/10/15/20 sentences.
· Quiz mode where the learner describes a random picture.
The object is to select the four most meaningful components of a sentence which follows the structure WHO IS DOING WHAT. Successful completion of a possible sentence is rewarded by a short animation combined with the spoken sentence. The learner is able to explore choices until successful. Stars can be earned when a sentence is made with no wrong choices.
Sentence Key supports the common core standards in Language Arts.
· Writing: Use a combination of drawing, dictating and writing to compose informative text.
· Reading, Foundational Skills: Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of text.
· Language: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar.
· Reading Informational Text: Describe the relationship between illustrations and the text in which they appear.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC.
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
This update allows the app to be used on an iPhone as well as an iPad. A video preview was added. Select picture symbols or words to create a sentence. Teacher options include use with an external Bluetooth switch.
Ratings and Reviews
I got this because I decided to start using symbols with my daughter instead of actual pictures, I just love it she will pay more attention to IPad rather than just showing her the pecs, one little thing that when you go to matching mode, the voice keep repeating ,even though we started the new sentence I think it should stop after only one time you tab on it and you decide if you want to hear it one more time tab on it again that needs to be fixed, other than that it is a must have app if you have a kid with language disorder ,.................... And I told her speech therapist today she should get it too.
I used this with one of my students and he loved it. It wasn't so complicated as to be overwhelming and he started to imitate the sentences. Most of all, I didn't have to make pictures! What fun!
This is a great way to work with your students on WHO IS DOING WHAT sentences. Fun, engaging, and learning all in one! A great app for your collection!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.