Sentinel 4: Dark Star
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The galaxy's finest tower defense series returns with an epic new installment
Sentinel's award-winning strategy gameplay expands explosively as the interstellar war moves to a mysterious alien world. Deploy devastating new towers and technology against an enemy that's smarter and more deadly than ever before. Battle across vast landscapes and earn a wealth of upgrades as you explore the mystery of the Dark Star.
• A huge campaign across 26 unique maps, each also playable in Endless mode.
• A second campaign introducing more weaponry and exploring a different part of the Dark Star.
• Defend massive, multi-screen landscapes and marathon paths.
• A bestiary full of new and returning enemies. Their special abilities and varied behaviour will keep even veteran players on their toes.
• The aliens fight back with the ability to damage, disable and destroy towers. How will you choose to counter them?
• Pick your loadout from an extensive assortment of weaponry. Unlock Uber Towers that pack power to match their size.
• Deploy your own units onto the path to hinder attackers.
• Call in support from the skies with the Sentinel's trademark ship weapons.
• Unleash drones, nukes and more from your new improved Stronghold.
• Control Commander heroes to back up your defenses. Earn experience and level up to gain powerful new abilities.
• Real-time dynamic lighting and shader effects bring atmosphere to the alien landscape for the best Sentinel experience yet.**
• iCloud enabled for game saving across devices.
• GameCenter for leaderboards and achievements.
• Spend your earnings on a massive selection of persistent upgrades to support your play style and complement your tactics.
• Upload your score to the Global Nexus and contribute to the worldwide cooperative push for rewards.
Follow us @origin8 on Twitter, Facebook
** Recommended for: iPad2+, iPhone4S+ and iPod Touch 5thGen+.
** The game will work on iPhone3GS, iPad1 and iPod Touch 4thGen but without these effects.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
- iOS9 compatibility
- Balance tweaks and bug fixes
Better than before
Sentinel 3 homeworld was probably my favorite tower defense ever. And I really was skeptical after reading other reviews before I downloaded sentinel 4. Now after playing through all difficulties including psycho I am definitely a huge fan. They outdid themselves this time. I thought the enemy being able to damage your towers would take the fun out of it. However it made it a wonderful challenge and they balanced the game with auto repair and the drones repair relatively quickly. Also the larger size of the super towers was disappointing but it you plan carefully you can beat any difficulty. You don't even need to spend money on star fragments. Also I got the juggernaut after I beat the game and he is a wonderful commander addition. The price is very reasonable. Support the game! It's only $0.99 don't be cheap. They don't have obnoxious adds and it's a great game.
This series peaked a while back
Sentinel 3, despite some balance problems in the upper levels of the game, was the most enjoyable tower defense title I've ever played.
This is basically the same game but with IAP and a few so-so towers added. Graphics, chrome, sfx, and all the rest are barely changed from the last release.
Bottom line: this is a waste of your time and patience if you've played Sentinel 3, and if you haven't then you should try that one first.
Game Crashes - iOS 9.3!!!
First, Sentinel 3 is far superior to this new version! If you don't have Sentinel 3, get that instead!
This game crashes constantly when the big mothership is onscreen and is in need of an update!!! I spent real money on credits, so it's not a huge deal, most of my game is unlocked, but for anyone else trying to save up for unlocks, it's very upsetting!
Buy/play Sentinel 3 instead. This game is inferior compared to Sentinel 3 and definitely is a pay-to-play or grind forever type of scam... Err I mean game...
It is fun, but very money hungry! You must upgrade EVERYTHING!!! It takes forever even when you do purchase credits!
I have a new iPad Pro 256GB with over 100GB free, running iOS version 9.32, so it's not a memory or free space issue!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 13, 2015
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 384 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Origin8 Technologies Limited
- © Origin8 Technologies Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Juggernaut Commander$0.99
- Large Star Fragments pack$2.99
- Medium Star Fragments pack$1.99
- Huge Star Fragments pack$7.99
- Small Star Fragments pack$0.99