“This is a must have addition to your digital board game collection.” - Bradley Cummings, BoardGameGeek.com
“Sentinels of the Multiverse is another great adaptation that continues to bridge the divide between tabletop and tablet screen.” - Rob Thomas, 148Apps.com
“Whether you’re a fan of tabletop gaming or not, this game has a lot to offer.” - Conor Lorenz, Gizorama.com
“The quality of the app is phenomenal, the production is beautiful, it’s just a lot of fun - Definitely worth $10!” - Duke of Dice Podcast
Calling all Sentinels! Do you have what it takes to defend the Multiverse? Compose a team of comic book heroes, each with their own playstyles, backstories, and grudges. Pit them against a variety of maniacal and formidable villains. Defeat your enemies and save the Multiverse!
Sentinels of the Multiverse is the award-winning game in which players join forces as heroes to combat a dastardly villain in a dynamic environment.
The digital version of SotM plays like a comic book come to life! Control an entire team of heroes in single player, or head online and join heroes from around the globe in multiplayer. This is cooperative card-battle like you’ve never played before!
The rules of the game are deceptively simple: Play a Card, Use a Power, and Draw a Card. What makes SotM unique is that each card has special abilities that can create powerful combos or even change the rules of the game!
This digital version includes all content from the SotM core game:
• 10 Heroes: Absolute Zero, Bunker, Fanatic, Haka, Legacy, Ra, Tachyon, Tempest, The Visionary, & The Wraith
• 4 Villains: Baron Blade, Citizen Dawn, Grand Warlord Voss, & Omnitron
• 4 Environments: Insula Primalis, Megalopolis, Ruins of Atlantis, & Wagner Mars Base
It also includes several unlockable variant cards:
• Variant heroes with alternate powers and backstory
• Variant villains bring an all new twist to the battle
• All are unlockable via secret Sentinels storyline-based challenges!
Expansion packs are available via In App Purchase:
• Season Pass 1 includes the first 4 expansions and 3 mini-packs. Save money and get all the content!
• Mini-Packs 1-3 each contain a hero, a villain, and an environment.
• Rook City, Infernal Relics, Shattered Timelines, and Wrath of the Cosmos each contain 2 heroes, 4 villains, and 2 environments.
• Season Pass 2 includes the final 3 mega-expansions and 2 mini-packs as they become available.
• Vengeance contains 5 heroes, 5 team villains, and 2 environments.
• Villains of the Multiverse contains 10 team villains and 4 environments.
• Mini-Pack 4 contains 2 heroes, a villain, and an environment.
• Mini-Pack 5: Void Guard contains 4 heroes.
• Unlock more variants for expansion pack content!
Every rule & interaction in the game has been carefully adapted and thoroughly tested by expert Sentinels players, as well as the designer himself. If you’re wondering how a certain situation works in SotM, this game is the ultimate rules lawyer!
• Original music brings the Multiverse to life like you’ve never heard before. Rock out to the official Sentinels Theme Song, ambient tracks for each environment, and ending themes for each villain.
• Beautifully rendered environment backdrops put you right in the action.
• Brand new artwork for every Hero and Villain in the game, created by SotM artist Adam Rebottaro himself.
• Over 9,000 different potential battles to choose from.
• Play a solo game with 3 to 5 heroes or pass & play with your friends.
• Cross-platform online multiplayer with friends and others from around the world.
The recommended minimum amount of device RAM is 1 GB. Playing on an iPad 2, iPad mini, iPhone 4s, or iPod touch (5th gen) is possible but may result in a degraded experience.
SotM: The Video Game is an officially licensed product of “Sentinels of the Multiverse®” from Greater Than Games LLC.
For more information, check out SentinelsDigital.com
This update includes many bug fixes and improvements.
• The repeated decisions feature now supports repeating regular card play and power decisions. For example, you can skip playing a card for a hero every turn, or use the same power for a hero every turn.
• Fixed an interaction between Void Guard Writhe: Cosmic Inventor and Viperous Cloud.
• Cosmic Inventor's power now protects Prime Wardens Tempest from environment damage.
• Fixed a freeze that could occur when Guise copied a Jinx.
• Shard Strength now works correctly with Title: The Seeker.
• Fixed several issues with Grasping Shadow Cloth, including preventing card plays for too long.
• Fixed a problem where Individual Tactics could miss an agent's ability.
• The Shadow Cloak now indicates properly if it's face down or under another card.
• Miss Information (team mode) no longer skips hero decks with Shinobi Assassins on top for her incapacitated ability.
• Fixed some issues where cards next to cards could get lost when moving under other cards.
• The game now proceeds correctly when Spite: Agent of Gloom is removed from the game in challenge mode.
• If Sky-Scraper changes size while dealing damage due to Compulsion Canister, she will now deal the second part of the damage.
• Berth no longer reacts to face down targets entering play.
• A target can now be selected for Distorted Perception even if Writhe cannot deal damage.
• Bored Now no longer counts cards that have been prevented from moving due to Fixed Point.
• Fixed some more issues with In Medias Res.
• On Spite: Agent of Gloom's flip side, you can no longer get a free card play by skipping a victim.
• Fixed a situation where the Dreamer would not end the game when reduced to 0 or fewer HP.
• Fixed a freeze that could occur between La Capitan and Caliginous Form.
• Randomizing now works as expected in multiplayer team mode games.
• Various other small bug fixes and improvements have been made.
Ratings and Reviews
Actually better than the physical version
For those who are new to the game think of Sentinels of the multiverse as a card game where DC and Marvel characters and storylines are combined. Many of the characters and stories will immediately remind you of someone or something from those two companies. This is not to say that this game is some cheap imitation. Like a parent and child though they are traits that can be seen in both this game also has it’s own heart and soul!
Now, for those of you who might be familiar with the game I use to own the physical boardgame and the shattered timeline expansion. The card game was fun but keeping track of the modifiers was a chore. Sometimes I would forget to factor in an effect from the villain or enemy card and I would have to go back an undo damage or add damage or apply some specific effect.
The app is the preferred version that I play now since this fiddly element is completely automated. This game is really something special and the developers are quick to fix issues and provide new content. This is a game that has legs and you will come back to it in the long run. For the great support and fun experience the cost of admission is well worth it! Again to the developers and producers thank you once again for this gaming gem!
The Definitive Sentinels Experience
Sentinels of the Multiverse was the board game that got me into hobby gaming. Now that I have a young child at home, I find it harder and harder to have the time to set up and play the physical game. However, the Sentinels app has been quite an addition to my digital library. I can speed through a game in my spare time, and come back to the same setup if I don’t have time to finish it in one play session.
The base game has some of my favorite characters in the whole game, and the community for this game in friendly, and helpful in finding out the secrets to beating some of the harder villains, as well the multitudes of variants that are available. Also, the developer is faithful in catching bugs and updating everything, to make the game functional on phones to tablets, even allowing players with different content to still join games and determine together what content to play. I’ve bought all of the additional content and plan on supporting this developer and game well into the future. Do yourself a favor and grab this game as soon as you can.
Excellent value, great game
Sentinels of the Multiverse is one of my favorite board/card games out there, and I love this digital version. At least one reviewer has complained about the price of the app, but I’m glad the developers have the conviction to ask a fair price. The base game allows lots of replayability, and the expansions allow for far more variations on the game than I could ever have time to play. I own the Season 1 expansion and intend to buy Season 2, but I still have lots of variants to unlock from Season 1, so I’m not rushing.
I also have and love the analog version of the game, but I think I prefer playing the digital version, which has certainly made me understand the game better. One thing I do wish the developers could somehow add, to assist them in the claim that this version is the “ultimate rules lawyer,” is a kind of sandbox mode. I’d like to be able to set up a situation in the game — put certain heroes and villains into play with particular cards active — to see how it plays out and whether cards will affect each other as I believe they should. That would be handy.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Handelabra Studio LLC
- 763.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014-2018 Handelabra Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Season Pass 1 $24.99
- Season Pass 2 $24.99
- Foil Hero Collector's Pack $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.