WHY BUY AN AUDIOBOOK OR EBOOK WHEN YOU CAN HAVE BOTH?
We’re here to give you something you can only get from Serial Box: science fiction, fantasy, drama, thriller, and mystery stories in synchronized audiobook + ebook format. Each series is released in 20-60 minute episodes, perfect for your busy, mobile life.
Listen to professional actors narrate our audiobooks, and seamlessly switch to reading customizable ebook editions anytime. You can listen on your drive to work, read on your lunch break, and switch back to listening at the gym or during dinnertime prep. Your progress will be saved across formats, so you’ll always be able to pick up where you left off. The first episode of EVERY series is free, so you can explore something new, no strings attached.
Listen or read anytime, anywhere, on any of your devices. Download the free app and start now.
- The Vela—Battlestar Galactica meets The Expanse when a refugee ship goes missing in space—by Becky Chambers, S.L. Huang, Yoon Ha Lee, and Rivers Solomon
- Ninth Step Station—A gritty, cyberpunk police procedural set in near-future Tokyo—by Malka Older, Fran Wilde, Jacqueline Koyanagi and Curtis C. Chen
- Bullet Catcher—A fantasy Western for Dark Tower and True Grit—by Joaquin Phoenix
- The Understudy—Big Little Lies meets Thirteen Reasons Why when a group of mothers must protect their daughters from a life-or-death threat—by Sophie Hannah, B.A. Paris, Clare Mackintosh, and Holly Brown
- COMING SOON: Original, brand-new series featuring your favorite Marvel characters Black Panther, Thor, Black Widow, and Jessica Jones.
FEATURES OF THE SERIAL BOX SYNCHRONIZED AUDIOBOOK + EBOOK APP
- Enjoy the highest quality audiobook productions, including original theme music, sound effects, binaural sound, and narration by professional actors
- The app auto-syncs the audiobook and ebook, so you can switch between formats and pick up where you left off
- Download audiobooks and ebooks to listen or read offline
- Customize your narration speed
- Customize your font size, type, and background color
- Choose horizontal or vertical page scrolling
- Automatically synchronize your library and reading progress across all your devices
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Download the Serial Box app.
2. Sign up with your email, Google, or Facebook account
3. Choose any series to start reading or listening—the first episode of every series is free!
WHAT OUR FANS ARE SAYING:
“I keep saying I’m not going to binge new Serial Box series and then I’ve inhaled two episodes in a day. I see how it is.” — @mizzelle
“I’m in awe of just how solid the world and characters feel in two short episodes. Hats off to the epic storytellers!” —@imyril
“All of the serials have THE BEST audio narration. I’m a huge, huge fan of the app and the stories.” —@BookwormAsheley
“Friends, DO NOT sleep on this. @serialboxpub has assembled an absolute all-star dream team of writers to create a sharp, inclusive, nuanced space opera about climate change and the refugee crisis and politics and loyalty. I’m only two chapters in and cannot wait for more.” —@actualmeg
Download the free Serial Box app and start listening or reading today!
- The library now correctly refreshes itself automatically after a purchase
- Fixed a crash related to resuming a previously interrupted audio download
- Fix a bug where upcoming releases might incorrectly show in the library
- Fixed various other bugs and crashes
We release updates to the app up to three times per month, which means you will have regular access to the latest features and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Like the podcast version of a novel!
I first learned about this app from a local author whose work I really enjoy (Curtis Chen). He did a project in collaboration with a couple other authors and it was published here (Ninth Step Station). I listened to the audio series and it was great! I love that it’s episodic like a TV show, but that it’s still a book. It’s like the podcast version of a novel!
Then I tried out a few more series and I have loved them too! The writing is enjoyable, the stories are interesting and well put together, and the narrators are wonderful.
Also, the app works nicely. It’s easy to search for things or just brows, easy to buy a season (after listening to the first episode for free!), and easy to move from one episode to the next. I am such a fan, this app is great!
Incredible stories, talented readers, fun delivery method - an amazing service!
Remember when you were a kid and you saved up to subscribe to a magazine or “book club” from the back of the Scholastic book fair flyer? Remember how exciting it was, how magical it felt? That sense that you’d have something new to read soon, and you knew you’d love it and couldn’t wait to get started? That’s Serial Box. The magic of the internet brings you chapter subscriptions to books, all available as audiobook episodes read by wonderfully engaging and easy-to-listen-to voice talents. Subscribe. Treat yo self. You’ll love it.
Great content, great concept, a few bugs, but they don’t stop me
The content is absolutely 5-star. I have read almost every serial that serial box offers and it’s all been so good that I would purchase and read nearly anything they offer in the future.
I love the ease with which you can switch back and forth between listening to an episode and reading it. That makes the app so valuable, IMO.
The app itself, however can be a bit buggy at times. I have had some problems syncing across devices and sometimes I have to refresh several times to get my purchases to show up. I have occasional crashes and a couple weird navigational issues.
Ultimately, those bugs don’t matter. The writing is top notch, the art and design are sleek and beautiful, and this app has become my very favorite to read in. As a result, I read more on serial box than anywhere else.
- Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- 64.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Serial Box Publishing, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ninth Step Station S1E02 $1.99
- The Vela S1E02 $1.99
- False Idols S1E02 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.