Sesame Street for Military Families
By Sesame Street
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is an app for the loved ones of those who serve, which will help teach your child life skills.
*** 2016 Parents' Choice Silver Award winner ***
Developed for parents and caregivers: The Sesame Street for Military Families app puts all of Sesame’s bilingual (English & Spanish) resources for military families right in your pocket! Use your mobile device to access engaging videos, articles, storybooks, parent guides, and more to help you support your preschool and school-aged children as they encounter transitions common to military families.
Because of the sensitive topics in this app, we highly recommend that a parent or guardian previews the materials before co-viewing with a child.
TOPIC AREAS INCLUDE
• Sesame Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. Learn more at www.sesameworkshop.org
• This app and its materials are an extension of Sesame Workshop’s ongoing efforts to support our troops and their families. Related materials include the Feel Electric! and Big Moving Adventure apps for military children, and social media including Facebook.com/SesameStreetForMilitaryFamilies.
• Your input is very important to us. If you have any questions,
comments or need help, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.0
The newly redesigned Sesame Street for Military Families app provides you with the same great resources, but now with a fresh look and easier navigation.
We love this app
My kids love this app, and I have found it really helpful. The deployment and return from deployment videos with Elmo and his family are especially good for kids (and grown ups). They do a nice job of helping walk you through the challenges of separation and return. I also love the fact that the kids shown in the videos and discussions are all military kids — it makes it more relatable. Even though my husband has retired since we downloaded it, they still love to watch the Let It Out video, and it has been nice for helping them remember to use their words.
Side note: we use the app on a first generation iPad, and at a time when most apps will no longer run on it, it’s nice to see that Sesame Workshops is still supporting an older device.
I just love this app my two year old likes to watch it. It's a great tool for military families. Thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 03, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sesame Workshop Apps
- © 2012 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.