Volume 3 of the award-winning music app is here!
Create stunning jazz tracks to your own chords in minutes with SessionBand Jazz the world's only chord-based audio loop app. It's the ultimate jazz play along and the perfect tool for jazz songwriters – wherever you are and whatever your level of ability.
Volume 3 includes 15 totally new and diverse jazz styles from slow Jazz Ballad, ECM, Swing Funk and Med Latin through Love Supreme & Bembe to Fast Latin and Swing.
Swing Guide Tones and Swing Licks all the way to 7/4 and Fast Swing plus many more.
“Extraordinarily useful for jazz musicians of any ability” Jamie Cullum
“A supremely versatile music app. The future of jazz play alongs” Jazzwise Magazine
“...numerous features to make your track sound professional and stunning” appPicker
With over 16,000 all new, precision-cut, chord-based jazz loops recorded exclusively by 5 of the world's leading jazz musicians, Jazz - Volume 3 instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding audio.
And with a host of pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose, one-touch live recording, real-time tempo shift and Audiobus compatibility - allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand - it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality jazz even if you can't play a note!
Note: We recommend using SessionBand Jazz with iPad 2, iPhone 4S or newer devices.
Preview loops from Volume 3 and watch the latest video at sessionbandapp.com
The world's only chord-based audio loop app is the fastest way to create real studio quality jazz:
* Simply pick a style
* Choose your chords
* Watch them turn into pro-audio jazz loops
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across different jazz styles and tempos
* Auto - transpose your entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
* Mix your track (manual or automated)
* Adjust track tempo (+/- 15%)
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 16,000 precision-cut jazz loops included in the app:
* Over 16,000 individually recorded, chord-based jazz loops included
* 15 brand new jazz styles and tempos: Jazz Ballad; Swing Funk; Slow ECM; Slow 3 / 4; Love Supreme; Medium Latin; Swing Jazz Licks; Swing Guide Tones; Bembe; Fast ECM; Fast Latin; Safari; Trad Jazz; 7/4 Even 8ths and Fast Swing.
* From 80bpm through to 250bpm
* Each of the 15 jazz styles includes 10 chord variations for every root note!
* Maj7(9), maj7(#11), 7(13), 7(b9), 7(#5,#9), 7sus(13), m7(9), m7(b5), m(maj7). dim
* NEW. All 15 jazz styles include 15 drum fills/alternative drum patterns including notation!
SessionBand gets 5 of the world's top jazz musicians playing on your tracks:
Drums – Sebastiaan De Krom (Herbie Hancock, John Scofield, Phil Woods, Dave Holland, Jamie Cullum...)
Sax – Dave O'Higgins (Jim Mullen, Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Salif Keita, Jamie Cullum...)
Bass - Geoff Gascoyne (Georgie Fame, Michel Legrand, Sting, Van Morrison, Benny Golson, Jamie Cullum...)
Piano – Tom Cawley (Jack DeJohnette, Charlie Watts, Jane Monheit, Guy Barker, Peter Gabriel...)
Trumpet/Flugel – Martin Shaw (John Dankworth, Michel Legrand, Tim Garland, Sting, Jamiroquai...)
The ultimate mobile practice tool for music students:
*Practice with your very own world-class jazz quartet
*Loop markers let you focus on specific sections
*Flip your chord progressions instantly across different jazz styles and tempos
But you don't have to be a jazz musician to make great-sounding jazz:
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy chord selection and loop manipulation.
* Chord preview function lets you audition the chord of the loop to be inserted.
Create great-sounding real jazz tracks on the go
• Improved export/backup of SessionBand track files
• Metronome count-in can be recorded
• Fix for A-Z track listing bug
Ratings and Reviews
So good, to much crashes.
Audiobus is imposible.
Great sound, limited functionality
I purchased volumes 1,2 and 3 thinking that this app would be an improvement over the iReal Pro app in terms of play along sound quality. As far as sound goes, this app is excellent, however, it's missing some very fundamental cords and can't perform slash-cords either. This app has great potential but needs some updates.
For musicians who love jazz, this is a great app with lots of customizable loops you can play along with. You can also customize many elements like drums, bass, piano, trumpet, and beats per minute to create anything you can imagine. It sounds beautiful, and should be part of every jazz musician's app collection.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.