SessionBand Jazz - Volume 1
By UK Music Apps Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SPECIAL OFFER - All SessionBand apps now half-price for a limited time only!
Jamie Cullum: "An extraordinarily useful tool for jazz musicians of any ability..."
James Tormé: "For me, this is basically the perfect app. It helps me with composition, arranging and even helps me decide how to sing a particular song. Ridiculously useful. They seriously nailed it."
Create pro-quality jazz tracks in minutes with the world's only chord-based audio loop app.
With over 16,000 precision-cut, chord-based jazz loops (included) recorded exclusively by 4 of the world's leading jazz musicians, SessionBand Jazz - Volume 1 instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding audio - wherever you are and whatever your ability.
And with a host of pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose, one-touch live recording, real-time tempo shift and Audiobus compatibility - allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand - it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality jazz even if you can't play a note!
SessionBand Jazz - Volume 1 is a professional jazz app - essential for anyone studying music and perfect for the jazz musician looking for the ultimate jam session – but equally, it's simple enough for non-musicians who love jazz to create their own great-sounding, copyright-free music.
Preview loops and watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
Please do not buy if your device is older than iPad 2 or iPhone 4S
The world's only chord-based audio loop app is the fastest way to create real studio quality jazz:
* Simply pick a style
* Choose your chords
* Watch them turn into pro-audio jazz loops
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across all different jazz styles and tempos
* Auto-transpose your entire track (not electronic pitch shift!)
* Mix your track (manual or automated)
* Adjust track tempo (+/- 15%)
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 16,000 precision-cut jazz loops included in the app:
* Over 16,000 individually recorded, chord-based jazz loops included
* 15 of the most popular jazz styles and tempos e.g. Slow Swing (4 feel), Afro Jazz, Up Swing (2 feel)
* From 60bpm through to 220bpm
* Each of the 15 jazz styles includes 10 chord variations for every root note!
* Maj7(9), maj7(#11), 7(13), 7(b9), 7(#5,#9), 7sus(13), m7(9), m7(b5), m(maj7). dim
SessionBand gets 4 of the world's top jazz musicians playing on your tracks:
* Drums – Ralph Salmins (Wynton Marsalis, Burt Bacharach, Elton John, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Quincy Jones...)
Saxes, Flutes – Andy Panayi (Peter Erskine, Freddie Hubbard, Wynton Marsalis, Paul McCartney...)
Bass - Geoff Gascoyne (Georgie Fame, Michel Legrand, Sting, Van Morrison, Benny Golson, Jamie Cullum...)
Piano – Tom Cawley (Jack DeJohnette, Charlie Watts, Jane Monheit, Stacey Kent, Yaron Herman, Guy Barker, Peter Gabriel...)
* All loops recorded at the famous Bunker studios (UK)
* All loops are copyright free and can be used freely in your own jazz compositions
The ultimate mobile practice tool for Jazz students:
*Practice with your very own world-class jazz quartet
*Loop markers let you focus on specific sections of music
*Mute instrument channels as you wish (manual and automated)
*Flip your chord progressions instantly across different jazz styles and tempos
*Transpose your whole track instantly in semitone shifts (not electronic pitch shifting!)
But you don't have to be a jazz musician:
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy chord selection and loop manipulation
* Chord preview function lets you audition the chord of the loop you are about to insert.
* Copy and paste function speeds up track building
* Intuitive mixing and record functions
* Hugely educational.
What's New in Version 2.0
Introducing SessionBand Jazz - Volume 1 completely re-built using the latest iOS8 Audio Engine, bringing you even better performance and a number of significant new features including:
* Audiobus iOS8 compatibility (iPhone users please note: due to compatibility issues with Audiobus 2.1.9, we strongly recommend the use of headphones while connecting to Audiobus for best experience).
* All new tempo-shift allowing seamless, real-time tempo change to +/- 50%!
* New transposition feature caters for Bb and Eb instrumentalists looking for the ultimate play along.
* Improved touch responsiveness and faster chord block manipulation means song creation just got even quicker!
* AudioCopy 2.0 compatibility.
Constantly crashes on iPod
I’ve used the app on my 5th generation iPod for over a year now with no problems whatsoever. I have between 10 and 15 tracks stored on the app - that shows you just how much I used the app before. However, in the past few weeks, the app would stop responding and eventually crash. This would happen just about every other time I opened the app. I tried to delete other apps from my iPod to clear up some space so the iPod could run it better, with no effect.
Maybe it’s just because I have so many tracks on the app saved, or maybe it’s because I don’t have a lot of free space on my iPod, but this app has just become extremely inconsistent on its performance. The one thing that could save me from writing this review was whether or not their support team could help me. But after emailing the link UK Music Apps has on their website for support TWICE, I’ve heard nothing back from them. This has been a very useful app in the past, but until I get this problem fixed or until I hear back from UK Music Apps, I’m giving this app 1 star.
Excellent sounds, limited functionality
I purchased volumes 1,2 and 3 thinking that this app would be an improvement over the iReal Pro app in terms of play along sound quality. As far as sound goes, this app is excellent, however, it's missing some very fundamental cords and can't perform slash-cords either. This app has great potential but needs some updates.
This is like a cross between iReal Pro and Band in a Box with real tracks. I love the sound of BiaB with real tracks but it isn't convenient to have the computer all of the time. This fills in the gap and gives me the better sound quality I'm missing from iReal.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 836 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: UK Music Apps Ltd
- © UK Music Apps Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.