SET® Mania – The Official SET Card Game App for The Family Game of Visual Perception®
By Set Enterprises, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The OFFICIAL app from Set Enterprises, SET Mania brings the Triple Matching Mania of the award-winning SET® card game to the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Challenge yourself with three addictive game play options: Classic SET, SET Puzzle and Sprint SET.
SET Mania includes an interactive tutorial that makes it easy to learn. The goal is to find all the SETs as quickly as possible. A SET is 3 cards in which each individual feature (color, shape, number and shading) is either all the SAME…or all DIFFERENT on each card.
· SET is the most highly awarded visual perception card game in history including: MENSA Select, Parents’ Choice Best 25 games of the past 25 years, Dr. Toy’s 10 Best Games.
· Easy to learn
· Challenging to master
· Wonderfully addictive
· No luck needed to win
· Sharpens your mind
· The OFFICIAL SET app by Set Enterprises, Inc. makers of the card game.
· Same developers as the 4.5 star SET Pro HD iPad app
Personalize your experience by adjusting the following options:
· Colorblind deck
· Auto hints
· Solid Basic Deck or Advanced Deck.
Achieve the highest ranking of SET Master by getting 3 Stars in BOTH Basic and Advanced decks in ALL three game plays:
· Classic SET challenges you to find all the SETs in either the Basic Deck of 27 cards, or the more challenging Advanced Deck of 81 cards in the least amount of time.
· SET Puzzle challenges you to find either 4 SETs in 9 cards (Basic Deck) or 6 SETs in 12 cards (Advanced Deck) in the least amount of time.
· Sprint SET challenges you to find the most SETs - in either 60 or 90 seconds (Basic or Advanced).
Dare yourself and your friends to sharpen your skills (and minds) with one of America’s favorite games. Do you have what it takes to become the next SET Master?
Already a fan of SET? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the latest news:
What's New in Version 1.5
Tutorial bug fix
Very close, but not quite there
First, for people who are familiar with the physical version: this is very close. I enjoy being able to play a quick solo game of SET whenever I want to. If you like the physical game, get this.
But there is one really, really annoying misfeature in the game: apparently in an attempt to get you to play more, the game basically insults you at the end of every game. I just finished what I thought was quite a good game, and it said "Don't be discouraged, keep trying." In other words, what I thought was pretty good actually sucked, and I should feel bad. I really just want to enjoy the game without it telling me after every single game that I'm not good enough to meet whatever standard it has. If I could just shut that freaking insult thing up, I'd have given it five stars.
Also, the "statistics" report has only your average time per move, not even things as basic as the number of games played. If I'd gotten it for (or even caring about) the statistics, I'd be very disappointed. But I didn't; I got it to play SET, and it does that very well. (except for the "you didn't do well enough" insult every game)
In-app purchases don't work...
I also didn't think the graphics were great, but I enjoyed the game so I ignored them. Moving on from that, I decided to try the in-app purchases, but they didn't work. I uninstalled the app, installed it again, tried again. It didn't work. I uninstalled the app, shut down my phone, turned it on again, installed the app, tried again...it still didn't work. It's hard to say this app is functional. I think proper testing should've been done before releasing it. This is no way to leave customers...up the creek... :/
My Brain is a Machine
Set is a great game that really stretches your brain. It's a great way to pass the time at the doctor's office or on the train. This app — while not sleek or modern in design — has the look and feel of playing with an actual deck of Set cards. I like that there are a few options for ways to play (Arcade and Marathon are my current favorites). I also like the feature that guarantees a Set.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 28, 2015
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 42.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Set Enterprises, Inc.
- © Copyright (c) 1988-2013 Cannei, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Arcade SET$0.99
- Marathon & Rediscovery SET$0.99