This is the full version of Seterra with no ads or in-app purchases.
Seterra Map Quiz - What's Your World Geography IQ?
Whether you're studying for final exams or Final Jeopardy, Seterra has the geography category covered. The popular online and desktop based map quiz classic that has been entertaining and educating geography buffs ages 8-88 for almost 20 years has gone mobile.
Take on the world or conquer it one region at a time. The app includes 100+ different exercises to test your map skills. Learn to distinguish Tasmania from Tanzania and France's bleu, blanc, rouge flag from Russia's white, blue and red stripes. Cities, countries, capitals, continents and bodies of water are all in the mix. Pinpoint Kilimanjaro and Mount McKinley in the mountains test or discover exotic islands in the far flung reaches of the globe when trying the world islands quiz.
Those who are little rusty on their U.S. state capitals or vague on the current status and existence of those pesky "istans" can browse categories and shore up their knowledge base using the Learn Mode. When ready to test their memory, an interactive map identification task is just a click away.
• Identify continents and the locations of countries within each
• Find states, territories, provinces, and their capitals
• Discover oceans, seas and rivers across the globe
• Explore mountain ranges and volcanos
• Match flags to the right country
• Locate the world's 25 largest cities
• Zero in on tiny islands dotting the map
• Choose from 18 different tests on U.S. Geography
• Available in English, French, German, Spanish and Swedish
• Zoomable maps with clear outlines around countries
• Sessions are timed and graded for accuracy
• Track progress across multiple categories
• Leaderboards showing top scorers for each challenge
• Create a My Favorites list of preferred games for easy access
• Unlimited chances to retake a segment and improve the score
• No ads or in-app purchases
• Offline play supported
It's easy to challenge friends, classmates and family members in a head to head competition using Seterra. This app gives trivia contests a new spin and makes family game night rock. Teachers can put the social back in social studies with lively Geo Bee matches. There's a wide variety of content with enough depth to challenge the most diehard map hounds or just enough difficulty to prove you're smarter than a fifth grader.
- 15 languages are now fully supported: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish. An additional 19 languages are partly supported.
- Several new map and flag games have been added.
- A confirm button option has been added on the Settings screen. This prevents misclicks in the map games.
- Improved support for Iphone X
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best geography app I’ve found so far
I used Seterra back when I was in school and now I use it to keep my skills sharp. This is a reliable and easy to use app. My favorite part is that there are so many different things to study on here and they’re all available offline so I can use it on road trips or on the subway. Great way to pass the time productively.
Double charge upgrade free/full version
Quick and easy relaxing study tool. I started on free version and upgraded. Review sent to full version so I clicked to download as required for review and was charged again for exact same program. Just go ahead buy the full it's a great program.
The app is ok, but it has some mistakes and there and no basic options to control some details.
Map area is to small
For example when playing quiz on EU I was not able to zoom out to see a full Finland map.
If you going to do a quiz on EU countries you will notice soon that all other excluded countries will be highlighted, making it very easy to play a quiz.
Correctly answered countries get highlighted, making it very easy to play and there is no option to control this.
No option to see a map with a all the country names.
Country name starts with Click On.
How about removing this text after a first country or after a first game and just show the country name. It would take less time to scan the country name.
- Seterra AB
- 102.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Seterra AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.