This is the full version of Seterra with no ads or in-app purchases.
Seterra Map Quiz - What's Your World Geography IQ?
Whether you're studying for final exams or Final Jeopardy, Seterra has the geography category covered. The popular online and desktop based map quiz classic that has been entertaining and educating geography buffs ages 8-88 for almost 20 years has gone mobile.
Take on the world or conquer it one region at a time. The app includes 100+ different exercises to test your map skills. Learn to distinguish Tasmania from Tanzania and France's bleu, blanc, rouge flag from Russia's white, blue and red stripes. Cities, countries, capitals, continents and bodies of water are all in the mix. Pinpoint Kilimanjaro and Mount McKinley in the mountains test or discover exotic islands in the far flung reaches of the globe when trying the world islands quiz.
Those who are little rusty on their U.S. state capitals or vague on the current status and existence of those pesky "istans" can browse categories and shore up their knowledge base using the Learn Mode. When ready to test their memory, an interactive map identification task is just a click away.
• Identify continents and the locations of countries within each
• Find states, territories, provinces, and their capitals
• Discover oceans, seas and rivers across the globe
• Explore mountain ranges and volcanos
• Match flags to the right country
• Locate the world's 25 largest cities
• Zero in on tiny islands dotting the map
• Choose from 18 different tests on U.S. Geography
• Available in English, French, German, Spanish and Swedish
• Zoomable maps with clear outlines around countries
• Sessions are timed and graded for accuracy
• Track progress across multiple categories
• Leaderboards showing top scorers for each challenge
• Create a My Favorites list of preferred games for easy access
• Unlimited chances to retake a segment and improve the score
• No ads or in-app purchases
• Offline play supported
It's easy to challenge friends, classmates and family members in a head to head competition using Seterra. This app gives trivia contests a new spin and makes family game night rock. Teachers can put the social back in social studies with lively Geo Bee matches. There's a wide variety of content with enough depth to challenge the most diehard map hounds or just enough difficulty to prove you're smarter than a fifth grader.
- 15 languages are now fully supported: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish. An additional 19 languages are partly supported.
- Several new map and flag games have been added.
- A confirm button option has been added on the Settings screen. This prevents misclicks in the map games.
- Improved support for Iphone X
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Have fun and learn!
I was introduced by a friend who sent a link to the Middle East geography quiz. I took it and explored from there, eventually playing so much on my computer I decided to look for the app for my tablet.
I started out with the paid version because I’d already played enough to know it was worth it for me. I love how many options there are and that I can pick and choose where to focus, when to add more, when to review, and whether to be in the learn mode or the quiz mode. I’ve made great progress in learning all the countries in the world. I’m working on capitals and states/provinces/regions as well as predominant physical features. It’s really made me notice how frequently places are mentioned in the news or in stories or just in passing. I don’t know that it’s much hurt my comprehension to not know exactly where the place being mentioned was, or what surrounded it, but it has added depth and context to my understanding now that I do know where things are happening and how those places relate to nearby or distant places where other things are happening. Great app!
Not sure how often it updates, and I do find it odd that the free version I was playing on my computer has at least one quiz (identify the US states by shape) that does not appear in the paid for version. I would have thought they’d be the same, or that the paid version would offer more options if there was a difference. That’s my only negative thus far.
The best $1.99 I've spent all year.
Yes, I know it's not even mid-January.
• Very easy to use. I finally learned all the countries of Africa, the Balkans, the Lesser Antilles (sort of), and other difficult spots.
• Tons of stuff to learn. I never even knew there was a Norwegian Sea.
• Love the "Learn" and "Test" features.
• The Caribbean states and territories are hidden waaaaaay down at the bottom of the North America list, under things like "Minor Saskatchewan Villages" and "Puddles of Detroit." Please make this easier to find.
• I still haven't found out where to learn the South Pacific island nations. Hmm, Australasia? Nope. Asia? Nope. The only place I've seen to learn them is on the "153 UN States" which is too late 'cause I'm already testing myself on the rest of the world. Is that Nauru or Tonga? Oops, you got it wrong!
• The app seems hypersensitive to tapping, and likes to ding me when I'm zooming in on smaller states. This evening it actually dinged me for Iran when I wasn't even touching the screen! I've actually quit tests to restart when it thinks I've tapped on Benin when I was actually tapping Guatemala.
Developer Response ,
:) You can find the Pacific nations in the "Oceania" quizzes under Australasia.
As for the tapping, use the "Select with" option on the settings screen.
Best geography app I’ve found so far
I used Seterra back when I was in school and now I use it to keep my skills sharp. This is a reliable and easy to use app. My favorite part is that there are so many different things to study on here and they’re all available offline so I can use it on road trips or on the subway. Great way to pass the time productively.
- Seterra AB
- 102.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Seterra AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.