By DrinkBox Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Apple iPad Game of the Year 2016 **
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.
----- ACCOLADES -----
• "iPad Game of the Year", Apple 2016
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016", Destructoid
• "Best Mobile Game", Canadian Video Game Awards 2016
• "5 best mobile games of 2016", GameSpot
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016 -- Nominee", IGN
• "Best Mobile Game -- Nominee", The Game Awards 2016
• "Top 10 best iOS/Android games of 2016", PocketGamer
• "10 best video games of 2016", Mashable
"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS." 5/5 - 148Apps
"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time." 8/10 - Post Arcade
"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging." 5/5 - TouchArcade
----- KEY FEATURES -----
• Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.
• Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.
• Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.
• Award-Winning Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in the haunting original score from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN, featuring Pantayo.
• Graphical optimizations for Metal-enabled devices
• Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit (On Metal-enabled devices running iOS 9+)
• Multiple difficulty modes
• Game Center Achievements
• Cloud Save
• iMessage Sticker Pack (requires iOS 10)
• 3D Touch support (3D Touch-enabled device required)
What's New in Version 1.0.10
• New Severed iMessage sticker pack! (iOS 10 required)
• 3D Touch support added: Peek at the map during gameplay (3D Touch devices only)
• Fix to a bug that prevented music from playing on older devices running iOS 10
• Improvements to displaying of available upgrades
• Additional fixes and enhancements
One of the BEST iOS games I've ever played
This game is perfectly made for the touchscreen. Period...the controls are fluid and oh so fun - hacking and slashing. The graphics are beautiful art and utilize metal to its fullest. The soundtrack is beautiful and immersive to the environments. The story is gripping, intriguing, scary, intense and sad. This is one of the most well-thought-out story's to put on the iOS in the form of a discovery and action game, with tiny elements of rpg sprinkled in (don't worry if you don't like rpg games though because it's not that kind of game)...there is a ton of exploration to do, secrets to find and achievements to collect - the replay-ability and game length will satisfy you for days, maybe weeks depending on if you can even put the thing down! All the elements to make a perfect iOS game are here: graphics, story, sound, score, gameplay, etc...This is a pure iOS game at its finest and is another huge leap for mobile gaming (iOS can deliver an intensely compelling and innovative game that rivals platforms) . This is a must buy hands down if you love story driven games with innovative gameplay. Once you start playing, it'll be very hard to put down as you'll be so enthralled you will want to keep going to see what comes next. That's the highest praise I can give a game.
One of the best mobile games
Compared to most things the platform has to offer, this title is more of a high-end PC/Console quality game that uses a lot of swiping, which is a bit similar to Infinity Blade. I rarely say this, but this is a title that must be experienced to have truely enjoyed the platform.
Gameplay overall is very enjoyable, with several game mechanics that should not be spoiled. Only issue is how the upgrades will be the exact same every time once they are maxed out, and you cannot choose to change how you play the game.
The art and animation is simply interesting. While the art looks very great, in the short cutscenes the animation occasionally looks a bit clunky in certain scenes.
The sound and music is easily one of the most fitting soundtracks for the game, with sound effects also sounding reasonable. Every environment is accompanied by a fitting soundtrack, although one place tends to not play the soundtrack made for it all the time and plays a soundtrack from a different location.
The weakest and strongest point would be the story. While it takes unique turns, the characters are not developed too much. This makes it slightly harder to feel sad.
The real kicker is how since the story cannot be changed, nor can you change the playstyle of your character, the game ends up being very short, but compared to a generic f2p app you would have enjoyed it more.
Overall, if this got a PC adapation it would hold really well.
This game was an excellent mix of combat, exploration, and puzzle-like interactions with the environment, plus some nice story tidbits along the way. Also, it is very pretty, and I really appreciate the fact that the lead appears to be a young woman of color.
I'm not much of a fan of games that have a high level of complicated combat, but the controls were so natural on the iPad that I hardly noticed, and the combat isn't all that complicated, just requires a bit of strategy (and in some cases, fast reactions!)
While it can drag a little if you're like me and trying to get 100% completion of all areas and have managed to miss some in far-flung places, it's not enough to make me want to take it down a star. I felt really satisfied when I finished this game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 29, 2016
- Version: 1.0.10
- Size: 236 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: DRINKBOX STUDIOS INC.
- ©2016 Drinkbox Studios Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.