By DrinkBox Studios
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** Winner of Apple Design Award 2017 **
** Apple iPad Game of the Year 2016 **
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.
----- ACCOLADES -----
• "Apple Design Award 2017", Apple
• "iPad Game of the Year 2016", Apple
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016", Destructoid
• "Best Mobile Game + Best Musical Score", Canadian Video Game Awards 2016
• "Battery Park Award for Best Handheld Game", 2017 New York Game Awards
• "Handheld Game of the Year -- Nominee", 20th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards
• "Mobile Game of the Year -- Nominee", 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards
• "Best Mobile Game -- Nominee", The Game Awards 2016
• "5 best mobile games of 2016", GameSpot
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016 -- Nominee", IGN
• "10 best video games of 2016", Mashable
"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS." 5/5 - 148Apps
"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time." 8/10 - Post Arcade
"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging." 5/5 - TouchArcade
----- KEY FEATURES -----
• Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.
• Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.
• Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.
• Award-Winning Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in the haunting original score from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN, featuring Pantayo.
• Graphical optimizations for Metal-enabled devices
• Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit (requires Metal-enabled device running iOS 9+)
• Multiple difficulty modes
• Game Center Achievements
• Cloud Save
• iMessage Sticker Pack (requires iOS 10)
• 3D Touch support (3D Touch-enabled device required)
What's New in Version 1.0.18
Updates for iPhone X
I am, without a doubt, thoroughly impressed. This is unsettling and extremely morbid, used in such a tasteful way that i cant help being drawn back to it. The gameplay changes enough to keep it interesting; I don't find myself getting bored. Absolutely stunning effects, story, and atmosphere. Never seen anything like it. Truly a work of art, worth every penny.
I’m picky about games...but this is brilliant.
I’m tempted to go back and dock a star from every game review I’ve ever given. This is the only game I’ve played that’s truly worth the stars and the money. Beautiful graphics, fantastic plot, amazing world-building, good gameplay, and it takes enough time to complete so I feel I got my money’s worth. I’d gladly have paid more for this game.
Update and extend!
This game was fantastic! I only wish there were sequels with perhaps different stories in this crazy vivid world to play through! I payed like five bucks for this game, this is coming from someone who only downloads free apps typically so it’s a big deal and I feel like there should be more to it considering I beat this game in a matter of days.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 1.0.18
- Size: 241 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: DRINKBOX STUDIOS INC.
- ©2016 Drinkbox Studios Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.