By DrinkBox Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Winner of Apple Design Award 2017 **
** Apple iPad Game of the Year 2016 **
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.
----- ACCOLADES -----
• "Apple Design Award 2017", Apple
• "iPad Game of the Year 2016", Apple
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016", Destructoid
• "Best Mobile Game + Best Musical Score", Canadian Video Game Awards 2016
• "Battery Park Award for Best Handheld Game", 2017 New York Game Awards
• "Handheld Game of the Year -- Nominee", 20th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards
• "Mobile Game of the Year -- Nominee", 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards
• "Best Mobile Game -- Nominee", The Game Awards 2016
• "5 best mobile games of 2016", GameSpot
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016 -- Nominee", IGN
• "10 best video games of 2016", Mashable
"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS." 5/5 - 148Apps
"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time." 8/10 - Post Arcade
"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging." 5/5 - TouchArcade
----- KEY FEATURES -----
• Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.
• Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.
• Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.
• Award-Winning Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in the haunting original score from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN, featuring Pantayo.
• Graphical optimizations for Metal-enabled devices
• Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit (requires Metal-enabled device running iOS 9+)
• Multiple difficulty modes
• Game Center Achievements
• Cloud Save
• iMessage Sticker Pack (requires iOS 10)
• 3D Touch support (3D Touch-enabled device required)
What's New in Version 1.0.14
Fix for an issue that caused the game to speed up erratically on iOS 10.3+
Clever, creepy, memorable
Thematically, Severed is a classic dungeon-crawling quest: you begin amid the ruins of your home except in a strange otherworld, your arm's been cut off and your family kidnapped by monsters, then a demon gives you a sword and you set off to find your family. It's a bit like Zelda for people who thought the visual designs of that series weren't unsettling *enough*, and also wished it had taken a more viscerally literal interpretation of the term "Heart Piece."
Aesthetically, the game is striking, with Aztec-inspired designs rendered in bold strokes of color, and some poignant musical motifs (and judicious use of silence) that make for effective emotional interludes. Mechanically, this is a game meant for mobile (even if it was originally released for PS Vita). Swipe-based combat may sound simplistic, but it's really more about timing and managing the countdowns of multiple enemies' attacks -- you mostly gain upgrades through severing the body parts of your foes, but you can only do so after you build up enough focus, so it's often a matter of keeping enemies alive for that final stroke as much as it is about killing them. My one complaint is that the combat can get a bit repetitive toward the end (some more variations in attack patterns would have been welcome), but it stays a challenge throughout.
I'm pretty thoroughly impressed by this game. Well worth the money.
Most amazing thing I have ever played...ever.
Severed is hands down the best game I have ever played on any gaming platform, BY A LONG SHOT! I feel like anything I say about it won't even begin to describe how awesome and entertaining it was... it was graphically and artistically BEAUTIFUL, dramatic, PLENTY of game time, exciting, really sad surprisingly, INCREDIBLY challenging but not frustratingly maddening to the point of wanting to give up (the struggles throughout the game actually made me want more!) This is probably the one and only game I will actually keep on my device after finishing to play over and over. I absolutely loved it. Not one thing I didn't like, except maybe that my fingers are sore from swiping my screen like a crazy person haha BRAVO DEVS!!!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 bravo, seriously, I could kiss you! Finally, a game that left me totally fulfilled at the end. Now I'm crossing my fingers for a sequel!!!
Best game ever👍
I loved this game, including every time it put me on the edge of my seat, brought me to tears, and made me want to hug my family as tight as I could. Everything was amazing and was like nothing I had ever seen before (though at times the battles were repetitive) there were so many things to explore and the characters touched my heart. The only complaint I have is that the player doesn't find out where Sasha went. Whether she went home or stayed in the world she was in (but in my opinion I had hoped she would stay in the current world because of all the friends she made). In all, I enjoyed every second of the game and can't wait to play it again!
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 02, 2017
- Version: 1.0.14
- Size: 237 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: DRINKBOX STUDIOS INC.
- ©2016 Drinkbox Studios Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.