By DrinkBox Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OVER 55%-OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME!
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.
----- ACCOLADES -----
• "iPad Game of the Year", Apple 2016
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016", Destructoid
• "Best Mobile Game + Best Musical Score", Canadian Video Game Awards 2016
• "Battery Park Award for Best Handheld Game", 2017 New York Game Awards
• "Handheld Game of the Year -- Nominee", 20th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards
• "Mobile Game of the Year -- Nominee", 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards
• "Best Mobile Game -- Nominee", The Game Awards 2016
• "5 best mobile games of 2016", GameSpot
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016 -- Nominee", IGN
• "10 best video games of 2016", Mashable
"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS." 5/5 - 148Apps
"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time." 8/10 - Post Arcade
"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging." 5/5 - TouchArcade
----- KEY FEATURES -----
• Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.
• Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.
• Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.
• Award-Winning Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in the haunting original score from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN, featuring Pantayo.
• Graphical optimizations for Metal-enabled devices
• Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit (requires Metal-enabled device running iOS 9+)
• Multiple difficulty modes
• Game Center Achievements
• Cloud Save
• iMessage Sticker Pack (requires iOS 10)
• 3D Touch support (3D Touch-enabled device required)
What's New in Version 1.0.14
Fix for an issue that caused the game to speed up erratically.
Initially fun but gets tedious
The atmosphere is great and memorable, but I do wish they dove a bit deeper into the story. The game could use some explanation of the world your character is in.
The mechanics are fun and remind me a lot of Infinity Blade. However in the late game battles can be annoying. You fight four enemies at once and all of them are buffed so you spend most of the time switching back and forth blocking attacks in order to survive which feels very tedious.
The game is worth a play through for the atmosphere and fun gameplay, even though it can feel like a slog at the end.
Finally got around to playing this one
Glad I did. It deserves all its glowing reviews.
Beautiful art and clever mechanics
Severed has beautifully macabre art and storyline mechanics. This is the most fun I've had with pattern-based combat.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 02, 2017
- Version: 1.0.14
- Size: 237 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: DRINKBOX STUDIOS INC.
- ©2016 Drinkbox Studios Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.