The Simple Genius brand means fresh design thinking for practical project management apps. Designed and refined by a veteran Project and Program Manager, the SG apps address real-world needs for managers. And with over 100,000 apps sold in 100 countries, SG is proven and trusted on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
SG Project Pro is the flagship of the SG suite and is the only Mac app that provides a complete project management solution including task-based planning, management of issues, risks, action items, and costs, as well as powerful and beautiful reporting. It excels at managing multiple concurrent projects and team members in ways that no other project management app does.
With SG Project Pro you will gain the confidence of being in control and understanding your projects, plus look brilliant to your team, management, and stakeholders. And since the SG apps are carefully designed for ease of use and productivity anyone can use them, while focusing on the project, not the app.
• Manage multiple active projects
• See a quick overview of all Projects, Reports, and People
• Create task schedules with table and Gantt views
• Critical Path highlighting
• Person Task Loading Analysis
• Net Line showing project completion relative to now
• Optionally show task WBS number on screen and reports
• Set and view Task Baseline Start/End/Cost with chart view and reporting
• Create all types of task links including FS, SS, FF, and SF
• Use chart gestures including jump-to-task, pinch-to-zoom, and resize task
• Build custom Work Schedules for projects and tasks
• Create and manage Issues, Risks, and Action Items for each project
• Manage project costs including labor and material costs
• Produce customized reports for projects and team members
• Fine-tune your reports with dozens of options
• Create Multi-Person Reports in addition to Multi-Project
• Email a variety of PDF reports directly to the project team or stakeholders
• Share data to and from MS Project using XML files
• Share and back up data easily using Dropbox
• Share project data with all other SG apps on iPad, Mac, and iPhone
If you also use an iPad check out SG Project Pro on the iTunes App Store. SG's Dropbox integration makes sharing easy between all the SG apps!
Simple Genius Apps
Practical Project Management
Fixed Issues on Mojave (Dark Mode Coming Soon!)
Fixed Resizing Issues with Detail Views
Fixed Issues sending Mail
Ratings and Reviews
MISSING SOME BASIC FEATURES
For $200 we should be able to:
1) Assign priorities to tasks,
2) Remove the default that automatically assigns predecessor when adding new task (a major pain when building plan for the 1st time)
3) Owner's names should be alphabetized in drop-down list
4) BUG - gets hung up trying to recalculate - even though I've gone through and deleted all the predecessors since I didn't want the default values - have to close out & reopen to kill the recalculation
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the comments!
1. You can assign priorities to Action List items, but in a gantt-style Task Plan, priorities are not usually assigned. The priority is driven by the hierarchy, predecessors, etc.
2. You can turn off auto-linking of Tasks in the Preferences menu.
3. The Owner names are listed alphabetically by last name, or first name if no last name. So if you consistently put two-word or one-word names, you will get a great sort order.
4. Not sure why recalculate would fail. Possibly due to some circular dependency, although SG is good about preventing those. Whenever that happens, feel free to contact us through the app for support!
Excellent Project Management Software
I’ve been using SG Project Pro on both the Mac and on my iPad for sometime now and recently upgraded both platforms to the new 5 versions. These are both great upgrades and adds further enhancements and capabilities to what was already a great piece of software. These new features make it even better. There’s a new interface and the new reporting tool that allows custimazations of reports are excellent and saves a lot of time and efforts by allowing you to save different types of reports. Ease of use, powerful tools and features, and intuitive controls really make this product a great buy. I manage multiple construction projects usually between 6 and 8 projects at a time and this software allows me to stay in control and keep things moving smoothly and on schedule. SG customer support is also excellent and super responsive. I highly recommend this purchase if you are looking for the perfectly balanced project management solution and you don’t have the resources to drop several hundred dollars on products that provide features you will probably never use. Great job SG.
A program that makes a real difference
This is a great major update to a program that makes life easier for a project managers. I rarely write a review … but this really merits one. It is clear, grapically beautiful, fun to use and really helps to keep your projects running smoothly. Like anything else … it has a bit of a learning curve … but once you get it set up and understand the structure … it is very intuitive. It syncs beautifully across devices. Wonderful to be able to work on the big screen and then see the exact same thing on the iPad when you are at a site of want to work away from your office.
On my systems is it completely fast with no delays at all.
The customer service is truly the best … send an email to Ty … the developer … and almost invariably you get a response that day … even on weekends. I’ve been using the program for quite a while and it is wonderful to see suggestions incorporated into the design over time. The program is always being improved.
One of the few programs on my systems that I use each and every day. It really makes managing projects fun and effective … especially if you have to manage multiple projects at the same time. Finally … it is great for communicating and helps in fostering better teamwork.
Thank you Ty and SG. 10 Stars!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.