Shade - Weather app for all of us
By Henri Normak
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shade gives you a clear, structured and understandable overview of the day ahead. It presents weather in a concise way, while keeping every screenful as unique as the weather it represents.
Because not all of us are meteorologists.
• Colours indicating weather condition and temperature
• Graphs representing temperature and precipitation
• Accurate data on precipitation, wind (speed and direction) and felt temperature
• 7-day forecast
• Support for multiple locations
• Notifications for upcoming precipitation
• °Celcius, °Fahrenheit, kelvin and °Rankine
• Tap and hold the graph for a detailed look at a specific time
• Tap and release the graph near the right edge for the 7-day forecast
• Tap on the title of the location to quickly switch between locations
We hope you'll enjoy Shade!
Thanks to our translators:
• Thibault Martin-Lagardette
• Dmitri Kalinaitsev
• Kenneth Muuli
• Lukas Funk
• Vitor Carabineiro
Shade uses GPS in the background, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Weather data from Forecast.io
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Hide current location if no location info is available.
Excellent Weather App!
I'm more than pleased. I've tried dozens of weather apps (paid & free) and this is the one that sits on my home screen. Love everything about it. I'm not bombarded with data, but everything I want for quick assessment of the day is right there and it looks beautiful to boot! 7 day forecast is just a swipe to the right. No issues with locations reordering. Data has also been accurate so far. One of the few truly 5* apps for me.
Best all around
Of all the weather apps in the App Store, this one is the best all around. Others give you more information but they also add a lot of complexity, and generally speaking aren't as delightful. I love how Shade displays just enough. Also, the notification system actually works.
Wonderfully simple, yet bright
I love this app. All of the information I want is on the first page: temp, what it feels like, high, and low. A really neat plus is that I can run my finger along the graph to get the hourly forecast as well. The seven day forecast is easy to navigate to as well.
To top it all off, they get their data from my favorite source. 👍
There's only one thing I don't like, and that is the lack of percent chance of rain in the weekly forecast. It looks like it's going to rain all week but most of the days have less than a 50% chance.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 03, 2014
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian
- Seller: Henri Normak
- © Henri Normak & Simon Gustavsson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.