By invers Software, Inh. Ulf Dunkel
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
ShadeIt dims your screen even more than current monitor settings allow. This is most interesting at night when you want to work without room lights switched on.
ShadeIt supports multiple monitors and spaces.
Adjust the brightness in the Status menu or use the (user-defined) hot keys.
In the preferences, you can assign the hot keys and define whether ShadeIt should be launched when you log in to your computer.
What's New in Version 1.10
* Now supports Exposé.
* New Preferences switch to show the Dock icon.
* New control to adjust the system volume.
* New Sleep Timer can set the computer into sleep mode after a defined time.
* Fixed crash in shortcut recorder under Lion.
* App icon slightly changed.
Works great! Just as advertised
I recently got a dual monitor setup. Sometimes I work at night. The brightness switch on my laptop only works for that screen. The other monitor only has a brightness control through the menu setup (cumbersome). Enter ShadeIt…sits right in my menubar, and it lets me dim both my laptop screen AND my external monitor at the same time! Fantastic! And, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the mouse pointer stays the normal, non-dimmed brightness, so it stays easy to track. If you have a multiple monitor setup and work at night, you won't be disappointed with this app.
I was waiting for an app like this forever. What I really like about this app, besides its main functionality is the ability to adjust the mac's volume . I don't need to have a volume icon in menu bar any more. Thanks a lot.
Works great on 10.8.3!! Tks for it
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 15, 2011
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: invers Software, Inh. Ulf Dunkel
- Copyright © 2011-2014 Michael Kammerlander, invers Software & DSD.net, Germany.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later