Shadow Complex Remastered
By Epic Games
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
**Winner of 50+ Game of the Year and Editor's Choice Awards!**
ChAIR’s fresh twist on classic side-scrolling design with modern, cutting-edge gameplay is amplified in Shadow Complex Remastered, with all content from the award-winning original game, updated with graphical enhancements, all-new dynamic melee take-downs, and additional Master Challenges and Trophies.
Through 10+ hours of exploration and fast-paced combat, players discover game-altering power-ups to overcome obstacles, thwart legions of enemies, and delve further into a mysterious and challenging, non-linear game world.
Core Game Play Elements:
- Original single-player experience inspired by classic non-linear exploration side-scrolling genre
- Open world design evolves as the player explores and progresses through the game
- Huge, mysterious game world populated with legions of enemies, challenges, and jaw-dropping boss battles
- Dozens of unique game-altering power-ups and more than 100 additional items and enhancements to discover
- Intense game play infused with a compelling action-thriller storyline
- Incredible graphics with robust physics, made possible by Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3
- Bonus Proving Grounds game mode provides side-challenges to help players become the ultimate Shadow Complex master
- Up-rezzed characters, enemies, environments, and interface
- Updated lighting, post-processing, and visual effects
- New contextual melee take-downs
- New Achievements and Master Challenges
- Processor: Quad-Core Processor, ~2 GHz
- Graphics: GTX 750M
- VRAM: 2GB
- Memory (RAM): 8 GB
- OS: OSX 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Processor: Dual-Core Processor, min 2.5 GHz
- Graphics: GTX 670M
- VRAM: 1GB
- Memory (RAM): 4 GB
- OS: OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
Additional information and resources for Shadow Complex Remastered can be found at: www.shadowcomplex.com
Follow @ChAIRGAMES on Twitter and Instagram
For questions and support, please go to: http://shadowcomplexhelp.epicgames.com/
Join our weekly live stream Wednesdays at 4pm EST/1pm PST at twitch.tv/shadowcomplex
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Optimization of Save Features.
This is an absolutely superb game. The gameplay and visuals are in the top percentile of all App Store games. Seriously, JJ Abrams loves this game production company and its creator for good reason. The creative production, design, flow are all superb. It’s of the metroidvania genre and has a very fast pace with excellent cadence and flow. The performance and power/cpu consumption are exceptional, even on my low-perforamance MacBook. Of over 100 purchases on the App Store, this is my most fun yet.
couldn’t get gamepad to work, but xbox controller works with 3rd party drivers.
You’ve played this game before
It looks fresh on the App Store page but once you start playing you realize this is a standard (and not that great) side-scroller that you’ve played various versions of many times. I’m not against side-scroller games, it’s actually why I purchased it but this one is pretty mediocre. Despite it’s claim that it is open ended, it’s a fairly linear path you travel on. Sure you can go back and forward room to room but there’s little reason to. The controls are a little wonky, the response rate is just a little slow and the mechanics a little bit off in some places. In one area I spent 10 minutes trying to jump out of the water onto a platform and only by some sheer button mashing luck did I finally manage to get it. It wasn’t supposed to be a challenging area of the game, the platform was just above the surface of the water. The graphics are ok and it runs smoothly on my late 2014 27” iMac, 4Ghz i7, 32 GB RAM. I’ve yet to die from gunfire on the normal difficulty but I have died of drowning at least 3 or 4 times due to the controls. There are also other frustrating areas where you’re being shot at from off screen and your only hope of figuring out where the bullets are coming from is to run straight into the other room amidst gunfire. Don’t worry though, you won’t die, so I guess it doesn’t matter anyway. It’s just frustrating. I almost quit during the tutorial as it was obvious right away that I wasn’t going to get into this game but since I spent $15 bucks I felt obligated to play it through.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 06, 2016
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 1.26 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Chair Entertainment Group
- © 2009-2016 Chair Entertainment Group LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor