Shake-a-Phrase is a fun language app for creative writing prompts, vocabulary, and parts of speech practice. Perfect for learning and laughing in the classroom or on-the-go, it features over 2,000 words and definitions in 5 engaging themes for ages 8+.
- Featured in Everything Mom's "Best Educational Apps For Kids"
"I couldn’t stop pressing the next button to see what silly sentence was in store for me next!" - I Education Apps Review
"My middle school students love Shake-a-Phrase. Thanks so much for making it.” – Speech Language Neighborhood
"This handy little app is perfect for writers, party games and quizzing kids" – App Advice
3 WAYS TO SHAKE UP LANGUAGE LEARNING
• SHAKE IT: creates a new random sentence every time you shake - great for discovering new words. Not sure what a word means? Just tap for definitions!
• STORY STARTER: shake up the beginning of a story and let your imagination take over.
• QUIZ ME: test your skills with adjectives, verbs, nouns, prepositions and conjunctions. Tap on the right words to get points and gain levels.
The addictive language fun in Shake-a-Phrase will encourage children to:
• Read the silly, entertaining sentences
• Discover the meanings of unfamiliar words
• Create their own writing projects
• Test their knowledge of verbs, adjectives, nouns, prepositions and conjunctions
• Share language arts fun with friends and family
- 2,000+ age-appropriate vocabulary words, compiled by teachers and parents
- Designed for iPhone and iPad – a universal app
- Story Starter prompts suitable for classroom projects
- 5 colorful, inspiring content themes: Sports, Animals, Fairytale, Monsters and Starter
- Customizable Quiz game tests your knowledge of nouns, adjectives, verbs, prepositions and conjunctions, in any combination you select
- Correct and incorrect answers are easy to see
- Correct quiz answers are rewarded with an audible ping and bonus icons as the levels increase – no penalty for wrong answers
- Save the most hilarious sentences to your Faves library
- Copy your favorite wacky sentences to the clipboard to share with friends
MADE BY EDUCATIONAL GAME DESIGNERS
The game designers at Artgig Apps come from a background of educational software development and we put lots of TLC into every detail of each app we crete to ensure a fun and engaging learning experience. We include kids, parents and teachers in our app development and testing to make sure our apps are exceptional tools that kids want to use again and again.
We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback.
Video Demo: www.shakeaphrase.com
For more about using Shake-a-Phrase in the classroom:
Thanks for trying Shake-a-Phrase!
For more Artgig Apps and demo videos: www.artgigapps.com
We at Artgig Apps are parents ourselves, and we hold your privacy and the privacy of your child in the highest regard.
We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- Does not share your personal information with us or anyone else.
- Does not include ads, or in-app purchases.
- Includes feedback links and links to the Artgig Apps website within the app.
- Uses analytics to collect anonymized user data for general information about how people use our apps.
iOS 8 Compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Could you consider changing up some of the words for younger students? I think my second grade students could really benefit from your app. I really enjoyed playing with it. Some of the words are inappropriate for second grade. I am currently working on mentor sentences with my students, and I think your app could definitely increase their knowledge. I hope you consider in changing up some of the words. Also, my second graders are learning adverbs. Have you thought about including them?I love the option where you can turn off each part of speech. Thanks for creating an educational app. My school has been number one in our state. Thanks for creating such a great educational app. Yes, I'd love to see the opportunities in levels, too.
Fun engaging app for language!
My speech-language kids really enjoy this app. I love that it addresses parts of speech in an interesting way. I especially like that it addresses "conjunctions", which is hard to find. I would love if this app including all conjunctions, not just "yet", "and" and "then", because my students need to learn all of them. Thank you for this app!
What a great app!!
I bought this app for my kids and they love it. I've found myself playing it a lot too. It's just a great, fun way to learn nouns, verb, adjectives.... Well thought out and loaded with info.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.