Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Love, time, beauty, are the themes of the Shakespeare's sonnets. More accessible than the great dramas, these short, tender verses can help the modern reader to develop a richer understanding of the greatest writer in the English language, and provide a link to his more profound works, where he explores other, often darker, facets of human existence.
With annoteBook by Dathlon you can make annotations to the poem’s verses in a simple and intuitive way, by swiping the verse you are interested in. The side notes are immediately recognized and can be read with a tap. Moreover, the table of content and a powerful search engine can be used to quickly found any verse.
Unique in its features:
• Index of poems
• Notes can be written for each verse
• Automatic bookmark: by reopening the application you will be automatically repositioned where you left the reading
• Powerful search engine by words
• Easy reading with a choice of font sizes
• Landscape reading with big font
• Choice of background page color for reading under different light conditions
• "Poem of the Day": a random poem from the collection
An internet connection is not required.
New features in the next version.
Available annoteBooks by Dathlon
Dante: Divina Commedia
Ariosto: Orlando Furioso
Tasso: Gerusalemme Liberata
Foscolo: Tutte le poesie
Tassoni: La Secchia Rapita
D’Annunzio: Versi d’Amore
Petrarca: Le Rime
Pascoli: Tutte le poesie
Boiardo: Orlando Innamorato
Bibbia: Libri poetici - FREE
Manzoni: Opere in versi
Gozzano: Tutte le poesie
Baudelaire: Fleurs du Mal et d’autres poèmes
Rimbaud: Poésies complètes
Verlaine: Poèmes - Volume 1
Hugo: Recueils poétiques
Bible: Livres poétiques - FREE
Racine: Théâtre et poésies complètes
Gautier: Recueils poétiques
Latin Poets: Volume I (Catullus, Lucretius, Horace, Tibullus, Propertius)
Latin Poets: Volume II (Horace, Phaedrus, Juvenal, Ovid, Avian)
Latin Poets: Volume III (Ovid, Flaccus, Persius, Claudianus, Manlius)
Latin Poets: Volume IV (Ovid, Martial, Lucan, Ennius, Sulpicius)
What's New in Version 2.0
Shakespeare: Sonnets in annoteBook format is updated with new cool features:
● New index, customizable with favorite sonnets;
● Unlimited annotable bookmarks on single lines.
● In-application e-mail of the of the sonnets, also in PDF format, with the option of including the personal annotations!
● Further possibilities of reading customization.
● Notes can be saved on a computer/copied from a computer (in this way they can be transferred to another copy of the Shakespeare annoteBook).
The reading application annoteBook is updated to provide an increasingly powerful and flexible tool that pay attention to really useful features for the study and further development of published works.
For example, the ability to generate the PDF of each sonnet to be sent by e-mail, complete with your personal notes, allowing you to create a true personal edition of Shakespeare sonnets collection.
Awkward favorite implementation
It's ok, but the app is awkward to use. I particularly dislike how the app implements favorites -- it's very non-intuitive. I select a passage as a favorite but there isn't a favorite button, so I have to scroll all the way to the top of the list to reach my favorites column.
I also dislike having to read a passage at a time. The app doesn't scroll through all the sonnets, but forces you to read each one individually; you must switch back and forth to read all the way through.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 07, 2010
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian
- Seller: Marco Orsini
- © 2010 Marco Orsini
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.