“Shapr3D may be the easiest-to-use MCAD program you will ever try.” - engineering.com
“Right when you think everyone gave up on putting parametric 3D CAD software on an iPad, a small, rebellious group of software developers launches an app that puts those large, money-laden software companies to shame. “ - solidsmack.com
“The app that changed the iPad story from TOY to TOOL” - architosh.com
“Fun and powerful real 3D app. Getting better with options and support with each release. Easy to learn coming from SketchUp. Exports great to STL and others, needs to expand import options in near future. Great uses in creative workflow, urban design, architecture and 3D hobbies.” - Eldy B., App Store review
WHAT IS SHAPR3D
Shapr3D is the only truly mobile CAD app. It offers a quick but precise way to create 3D models. Fueled by the same geometric modeling engine as Solidworks, we bring you the power of MCAD and the ease of Sketchup, right on your iPad. Solid modeling made easy.
Perfect for engineers, industrial designers, jewelry makers, 3D hobbyists, architects. Regardless of your level of experience, you will find Shapr3D easy to learn and adapt!
Shapr3D is a freemium app. All modeling tools are included in the free app, pay only when you need to transfer your models to other software.
Shapr3D is compatible with all iPads supporting Apple Pencil: iPad 2018, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
ALWAYS START WITH SHAPR3D
• Are you looking for a quick concepting tool complementing your desktop CAD workflow? - Meet Patrick, a well-acclaimed French designer who uses Shapr3D for concepting and visualizing ideas for his clients.
• Have you struggled with 3D CAD before? - Meet Ozzie, who - a year after he discovered Shapr3D and after several unsuccessful years with other CAD software - became a a 3d model designer for a multinational company
• Are you tired of hiring a 3D contractor to fulfill your visions? - Meet Michael, who has been battling with 3D contractors and he just closed a successful Kickstarter launch for a watch he designed himself.
HOW SHAPR3D WORKS
• SKETCH like you did on paper.
• Add CONSTRAINTS
• BE PRECISE. Your sketches and models will be perfectly measured. We support mm, cm, m, inch, and foot
• Pull for an EXTRUDE or choose from various tools to make 3D from sketches
• Polish up by simply dragging the edges down for a FILLET
• Move your edges for FREEFORM surfaces
• Export your models
* Export / Import your models into other apps
* Supported formats: .STL, .STEP, .IGES, .XT, .SHAPR
* Use your models instantly in Solidworks, Rhino, Catia,...
NOTE: You need an Apple Pencil to enjoy all the functions (without Apple Pencil it still works as a viewer for your CAD files)
LEARN 3D MODELING
• in-app tutorials for every tool
• In-depth, step-by-step guides in our Manual
• Beginner’s course made by a CAD professor to get you started with modeling in Shapr3D
• Advanced tutorials for inspiration and complex workflows
WHAT IS IN SHAPR3D PRO
• unlimited workspaces
• export to CAD apps: .STL, .STEP, .IGES, .XT, .SHAPR
• image import/export
• priority support
LEARN ABOUT SHAPR3D
Like us on Facebook (shapr3d) and follow us on Instagram (shapr3dapp).
Subscription information: payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account (Apple ID) Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Snapping engine bugfixes
- New boolean options when push/pulling closed sketches
- New case studies
- New project: Plane tutorial
Ratings and Reviews
Expensive but worth it
Compared to the majority of iPad Pro apps, this one costs a lot. However, this is a truly professional app and really excellent at what it does. I use it to design parts for sci-fi works that I export and then take into ZBrush to add to character suits and such. It’s easier and faster than ZModeler for most of these tasks. I have other friend who use it more for its intended purpose in designing products, and they love it as well.
The only thing that would be even better for me is if it had an obj export option, but that isn’t a deal breaker for me.
I choose to pay the yearly subscription for this app to mainly support the development of profession design and art apps for iPad Pro. I probably make a total of 100 parts a year and for me it is worth it for the high res stl export. I wish I would have got on board when the price was a bit lower but that’s my own fault.
Thanks for the kind and detailed feedback! It's also nice to get a feeling of how people around the world use Shapr3D. If you ever want to share a model you created, make sure to post it on our forum: http://discourse.shapr3d.com/
We currently don't support OBJ, but it might change in the future. We see STEP, IGES and XT a good replacement for OBJ as pretty much any modeler that accepts OBJ will accept one of these formats.
By far the easiest mechanical design CAD to learn and use for non-experts.
At 10% of cost of the next lowest professional CAD I found this tool to be most intuitive and easiest to learn and use. Their on-demand tutorials is next to none.
I don’t use design CAD tools often enough and forget how to use certain functions. This is where this tool shines where an animated demonstration magically shows how that function works and in 30 seconds I am up and running again. I like to call this “lean learning”. No videos of some expert telling a long story. All other CAD tools require digging in through hrs of video and google search listening to experts hoping they eventually answer your questions and taking so long you may decide it is too hard and time consuming. My hats off to the designer.
Great tool for iPad! Very happy with it.
I have to say this app was very easy to learn and use. Within a weeks time I was able to go from knowing nothing about 3D designing to building complex models of machines I work on for a living in such detail that the 3D model itself could be used for training purposes by using the groups tab to break down individual components. The only issue I’ve experienced is some camera controls but it’s not a deal breaker. There may be better software out there, but for me the easy to learn interface and ability to do so much in the free version makes this hands down the best 3D modeling software on iPad in my opinion. Great job with this app! I will be going pro very soon.
- Shapr 3D Zartkoruen Mukodo Reszvenytarsasag
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Shapr3D Zrt.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Subscription $31.99
- Pro Subscription $239.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.