By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This isn’t the SharePoint mobile app which gives you on-the-go access to you SharePoint sites. This app only gives you access to the Newsfeed. Newsfeed is still supported for existing customer both on-premises and in the cloud. However, Yammer is the default enterprise social collaboration experience going forward.
Newsfeed lets you stay connected to your organization’s social pulse while on the go. You can easily navigate your feeds and interact with the conversations you are following. Use this app to:
• Keep up with your colleagues’ latest posts and comments
• Create new posts to share updates or ask questions
• @mention a colleague or include #hashtag in your posts
• Upload pictures
Note: The Newsfeed app works with SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online – however, Newsfeed is no longer the default enterprise social experience in Office 365.
When you are signing in, you will need your username, password and the proper SharePoint personal site URL. For example:
• Sample SharePoint Online URL (https://contoso-my.sharepoint.com)
• Sample SharePoint On-Premises URL (http://contoso/my)
If you are having issues signing in, please contact your company’s administrator to inquire about the proper URL and credentials.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
Looking for the new SharePoint mobile app? Look for the SharePoint mobile app.
This release is focused on improving stability and fixing bugs. If you upgraded to iOS 8 recently, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Although Microsoft has made great strides in their application rollouts (i.e.: Excel, Word, Outlook...assuming they can allow for font changes and HTML signatures in the future for Apple users), but this app is apparently their red headed step child. I wish I could tell you about the push notifications and user interface, but I can't log on to my SharePoint to test it as the app crashes on each attempt to open. Do yourself a favor and don't download this app until it gets a COMPLETE overhaul. Simply do as I did and bookmark your SharePoint on your Safari.
I'm sure Microsoft will keep making strides and will eventually get it right, but until then...this app is trash.
Needs iOS notification support!
This app would be SO useful to our company if it supported notifications within iOS. Developer: please include this functionality in next release for a five star review!
Just crashes continuously at setup
Would give zero stars if possible. Total waste of time
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 54.2 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.