By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SharePoint Newsfeed lets you stay connected to your organization’s social pulse while on the go. You can easily navigate your feeds and interact with the conversations from SharePoint sites you are following. Use this app to:
• Keep up with your colleagues’ latest posts and comments
• Create new posts to share updates or ask questions
• @mention a colleague or include #hashtag in your posts
• Upload pictures
• Discover the profile of anyone from your feed
• Access followed documents
Note: The SharePoint Newsfeed app works with SharePoint 2013 and the new SharePoint Online. Previous versions of SharePoint are not supported.
When you are signing in, you will need your username, password and the proper SharePoint personal site URL. For example:
• Sample SharePoint Online URL (https://contoso-my.sharepoint.com)
• Sample SharePoint On-Premises URL (http://contoso/my)
If you are having issues signing in, please contact your company’s SharePoint administrator to inquire about the proper URL and credentials.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
This release is focused on improving stability and fixing bugs. If you upgraded to iOS 8 recently, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Needs push notifications
Downloaded as our company is exploring using this service and after many attempts finally got into the app only to discover there are no push notifications available. Whole purpose of trying to use the newsfeed feature was to cut down on emails.
What did I expect? Crash on login. I immediately deleted the app. I can not tell our sales team to use this app, they would lose their minds. Too bad because I spent months setting up Sharepoint for file sharing across multiple departments in house but MS refuses to support the iPads out in the field. We will build our own or get something else.
Please enable logging so that we can help you troubleshoot
The app still crashes before a successful login, even deleting and reinstalling and restarting the iPad... Hopefully it will be fixed soon!
Update: Same issue still exists. I know it recognizes the Sharepoint URL, because if I intentionally type in the wrong username, the app gives me a username error. But, when I use the correct login credentials, the app crashes every. single. time.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 29.2 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.