Shark Bridge offers unlimited hands, duplicate bridge game, Daily Tournament with MP (%) scoring.
Boards with full auction and play review from International, North American and European competitions.
Internet is not required, except for Daily Tournaments and the Online Bridge Club.
Shark Bridge is the winner of 2014 and 2011 World Bridge Computer Championships.
You can email hands to your partner or other bridge friends for discussion as long as they have Shark or other App to open PBN/LIN files. Share the fun!
Shark Bridge features:
- Bidding systems : Standard American 5 card major( SAYC or Shark flavour), 2/1 Game Force, Std English Acol (in development) bidding systems.
- Duplicate bridge game.
- Bridge tournament boards.
- Play Bridge offline ( no Internet ) or live on the Internet with your friends and foes.
- Never wait for a bridge table to fill in, our high quality robot will play bridge when needed.
- Hints and auction analysis are available at any time. Ask the Shark Bridge and it will help.
- Special hints when declarer is on the lead to a trick, Shark will suggest a play strategy.
- Open PBN (Portable Bridge Notation) and LIN ( VU-Graph) files from your email.
- Choose from regular and 4-colour card decks.
Bridge Enthusiast In-App purchase ($19.99) upgrade offers:
- Play unlimited number of random deals.
- 9 WBF,ACBL and European bridge tournaments from 2014,2013,2011.
- Save deals to your Personal Deal Library.
- Email bridge hands from your Personal Deal Library.
- Basic Online Bridge Play : create, join and kibitz at any table.
- Deal Analysis.
- One year free VIP subscription.
VIP subscription ($24.99/year) unlocks additional features and services:
- Daily tournament with 16 boards, compare your skill with the rest of our VIP members. Study the deals from any past tournament.
- 32 WBF, ACBL and European bridge tournaments from recent years including 2016. More are in the works.
- VIP online play : manage friends, block players, invite players.
- Par Contract Calculator.
- Personal Deal Library : all saved deals are instantly available to all of your devices .
- Advanced Deal Generator.
- Highest priority for feature requests.
Bridge Bidding Systems : Standard American 5 card major( SAYC or Shark flavour) and 2/1 Game Force bidding systems, more are in the works.
Each bridge system includes most popular conventions and can be further customized with :
1NT / 2NT range and hand distribution options
Gambling 3NT or strong 25+ HCP 3NT
Jacoby and Texas Transfers
Weak two Spades, Hearts, Diamonds
Strong 2 Clubs
4 versions of Blackwood: 4 Aces, 5 Aces, RKC or RKC 1430
Two-way new minor forcing (XY-NT)
Michaels Cue Bid
Maximum Overcall Double
In 2009 and 2010 Shark won the individual event at the World Computer Bridge Championships
In 2014 Shark defeated B Baron 25, MicroBridge, WBridge5 and Robo Bridge
In 2011 Shark defeated B Baron 22, MicroBridge, WBridge5, QPlus Bridge, and Robo Bridge
Shark play bridge engine was designed and programmed by John Norris, an international bridge master and Danish Bridge Champion.
Shark robot is the most human like playing robot, it has been tested against professional players and proved to be a worthy opponent.
Minor update and big fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve tried several bridge games n really like this one as you have many options from suggestions what to play to seeing what has been played to replaying the deal. Great find. Haven’t used the 100 free deals yet so don’t know how much it will cost me after that. Much better then Funbridge!
Best bridge app
I have tried several of the available bridge apps and found this one to be excellent. The best! Its daily tourament play is a real plus. And the replay of hands is a great feature … superb.
Keeps getting better and better
This fantastic bridge application keeps getting better and better at each update. I love the new detailed view of “how the robots will undestand your bid” notification box. Also, appreciate the new PBN support.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.