By Interfacelab LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Shave is a fast and easy editor for OSX that let's you quickly trim, split and splice video together.
When Final Cut or iMovie are overkill, Shave has your back with a quick, light, utilitarian video editor:
- Quickly and easily edit your video using cut, copy and paste
- Frame accurate editing
- Quickly scan and jump through video using the keyboard
- Trim, split and extract video with a single command
- Export to AVI, Windows Media, QuickTime, H.264 and MPEG-4
- Batch convert a ton of formats to AVI, Windows Media, QuickTime, H.264 and others
- Full screen playback and editing
- Full keyboard control, edit video without moving your mouse
- Easily upload videos to Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
- Frame accurate scrubbing by clicking and dragging
- Trim and tighten your iPhone videos before uploading to your favorite social media
- Batch conversion of video for use on the web
- Cut, chop and splice video before importing into Final Cut Pro, After Effects, etc.
- Extract your favorite scenes from your favorite movies easily and quickly
- Edit your screen casts and podcasts with the quickness and then directly upload to YouTube
What's New in Version 1.42
- Lion full screen support
- New image exporter for exporting a movie to individual PNG/TIFF/Jpeg files
- Fixed encoding window floating issues
- Rate slider is now in sync with the movie's playback rate
- Return to normal playback speed by pressing command+=
- Fix for inserting image where duration was ignored
- Improved Lion support
- Easy watermarking of your videos
- New batch encoding UI
- Batch encoder uses substantially less memory
- Saving fixes and improvements
- Import directly from your camera or iPhone
- Add audio files to your videos
- Easily insert files directly at the start, end or current position
- Edit the in, out and duration of your selection with the keyboard
- Create a selection by command click/drag in the trim/progress bar
- Fully functional movie properties: disable tracks, extract or delete them
- Dock icon displays a progress bar when batch encoding
- Various other small fixes
phenomenally useful for making video clips
I had tried all sorts of video editing tools for making short video clips to use in public presentations and in class. They were all way too much trouble, with steep learning curves. Shave is fantastic! It is simple, straightforward, easy, and FAST! It just gets the job done with a minimum of fuss and time. I totally love it!
As far as I can ascertain, though, it only produces .mov files, which need to be played with Quicktime or the audio and video are slightly out of sync. So when I play clips made with Shave on a Windows PC, I have to remember not to double click, but rather to use "open with" to play the file in Quicktime.
I wish Shave were able to produce mp4 clips instead of .mov. But that wish does not diminish my incredible enthusiasm for Shave! Thanks to the Shave people!
This is the missing link.
This is truly an amazing program. It is the missing element in video editing. When the job at hand is just too small to fire up iMovie or one of the big guns, SHAVE does the trick. I am so happy I found this little gem … and I pray the developer continues to update the program frequently because there truly is nothing out there that I can find that does what this program does. I'd give it TEN stars if I could.
Simple to use and it works great
This is a very simple video editing app without a lot of bells and whistles but it works great. If all you want to do is simple editing such as removing or rearranging sections of video file or joining video files together then this is the great app. It doesn't do fancy stuff like transitions and titles, but that's what makes it so stable and easy to use. It was just what I was looking for.