Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Drake, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, DJ Khaled and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
Think you can Beat Shazam? To find out, play along with the Shazam App while you watch the show!
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs and add them to Apple Music or Spotify playlists *
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover *
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Apple Music or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch to name that song in seconds, right from your wrist!
• See your past Shazams with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon on iPhone to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Some features are location, device and app version dependent
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback is music to our ears, and it helps us make Shazam even better. Got a question? Visit support.shazam.com
Ratings and Reviews
Okay, so I may not be musically talented, but I’m definitely a huge music fan. I’m always down to listen to new music. No matter where I am, when I hear a good song over the radio or in a store, I Shazam it and it helps me identify it. It’s so much easier than using Siri or Googling lyrics. And every now and then, I’ll use the app to try and understand a song’s lyrics. However, my only issue with the app is the format. I don’t know what it is about it, but it’s slightly confusing and obnoxious. I never use the discover page in the app for this reason. Although, I’m not sure I would use it even if the layout was better. And for those of you who are complaining about the app not recognizing songs, I don’t think it’s because the app doesn’t know it. I just think you are simply doing it wrong. I had that issue at first. The app best identifies songs when you open it and wait a few seconds before “Shazaming” a song.
Wham Bham Shazam
I’ve used Shazam since I got my first iPhone back in 2011. Overall, it’s been super helpful, especially when I’m in a store or somewhere that I can’t just ask what song is playing. However, I’ve been frustrated with the app the past several times I’ve used it.
First off, the app was slow to launch. Secondly, once I pressed the Shazam button it was then slow to figure out what the song was. In several instances the song ended before the app even started Shazam-ing. That was super annoying, but I just figured out how to set it to start Shazam-ing upon launching. Hopefully will fix the problem. (And hopefully it’s not just that my iPhone 6 is just senile.)
Another feature that I just discovered for myself is the ability to connect Shazam to my Apple Music app! It even adds a playlist of all my Shazam-ed songs. Since I subscribe to Apple Music I can listen to them immediately and whenever I want.
I’ve been using Shazam for over 10 years I barely thought about giving it a review. Not that it really needs it, because many people already know about the app globally. It’s the best app to see what artist/tv/movie/radio is playing! I remembered when I first used it when 3G was barely the next gen with it at these speeds it made it so much better to search for the details without any needs to going the the webpage or anything else it is at your fingertips just one click their is a way to say “Shazam” to start the searching. I am not to sure if it works with everything. Most o the type I find my self just using Siri to do most of my stuff while moving around. It’s a very useful app because you may what to know what movie someone is watching or a friend my want to know without interrupting the movie they can search seamlessly!
- Shazam Entertainment Limited
- 85.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2019 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade From (Shazam)RED Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.