Shazam - Discover music, artists, videos & lyrics
By Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Calvin Harris, Pitbull, Meghan Trainor, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Wiz Khalifa and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Shazam TV shows to discover soundtracks, the cast, special offers and more
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs with Apple Music and add them to Rdio and Spotify playlists *
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover *
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Rdio or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
• Start an Apple Music radio station based on tracks you've Shazamed
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Google+ and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch for the artist, song, and lyrics that unfold with the music
• See your past Shazams at a glance with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
• Turn on Auto Shazam and we’ll keep finding tunes for you
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader
• Buy tickets to see your favorite artists in concert
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
• Facebook uses interest based advertising. More details: https://m.facebook.com/ads/ad_choices
• Some features are location, device and app version dependent
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
What's New in Version 9.5.0
This update includes our new Shazam result page! Shazam a track and we'll still name that song, but we've made it easier to discover more. Scroll down to see videos, lyrics, related tracks and your favorite streaming services - all with a new, cleaner design.
We’ve got a new set of welcome screens for anyone who hasn’t managed to Shazam some music... Even though we know that’s not you!
Sharing to Facebook is now a whole lot faster. No need to log in each time you want to tell your friends about that new song you’ve Shazamed. Spread the music in one quick tap!
Could be better
For starters there's the homepage which auto subscribes you to artists you Shazam, why would they introduce the homepage and the second superfluous feature is something I still cannot wrap my head around. Also in previous versions you could listen to the preview and go through other songs. However, this version you're stuck in the song your previewing.
One more thing that really grinds my gears is what I'm watching TV and I hear a good song in an ad but I would like to see them but instead it shows me the program I'm watching. Hello I already know what I'm watching!!
Update April 2016:
Now they've taken away the ability to search songs that you have just Shazamed
I'm so excited!!
Siri was able to recognize a song playing on the radio just now. 'IT' then suggested I download this app from the Apple iTunes Store. Previously I spent money on both the paid upgrade for removal of adds, both through the original app and then their new 'encore' version. Either way, the free version must be the best one since that's where Siri gets her music. I wonder what sort of royalties it has to pay.. This is awesome !
They've broken it
About 90% of the time that I launch Shazam, I do it to check lyrics of a song. The lyrics were displayed on the page as soon as Shazam identified the song - they weren't always the correct lyrics, but they were there. It seems that they've now either removed that feature outright, or they've hidden it to the point where they may as well have removed it. I guess I won't be using Shazam anymore.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 21, 2016
- Version: 9.5.0
- Size: 68.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Shazam Entertainment Limited
- © 2015 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad free$6.99
- Upgrade From (Shazam)REDFree