Shazam - Discover music, artists, videos & lyrics
By Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Calvin Harris, Pitbull, Meghan Trainor, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Wiz Khalifa and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs with Apple Music and add them to Rdio and Spotify playlists *
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover *
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Rdio or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
• Start an Apple Music radio station based on tracks you've Shazamed
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Google+ and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch for the artist, song, and lyrics that unfold with the music
• See your past Shazams at a glance with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
• Turn on Auto Shazam and we’ll keep finding tunes for you
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon on iPhone to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader
• Buy tickets to see your favorite artists in concert
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
• Facebook uses interest based advertising. More details: https://m.facebook.com/ads/ad_choices
• Some features are location, device and app version dependent
• Shazam may share collected location data for interest based advertising, allowing advertisers to infer interests and serve ads to users based on their activity and location over time.
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
What's New in Version 10.6.1
Thanks for Shazaming! We’re always working hard to make the app faster and better than ever. Update to the most recent version to enjoy the latest and greatest Shazam.
Don’t forget to keep your Shazams safe and in sync between your devices. Simply create an account and we’ll back up your Shazams so you’ll never lose them.
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback is music to our ears, and it helps us make Shazam even better. Got a question? Visit support.shazam.com.
Apps and Ends March Review
Shazam is an app that identifies a song by listening to it. I use this app constantly because I am a big music buff. I argue this app is educational in the sense you are learning/discovering new songs and artists.
Operating the app is fairly simple. You press a giant blue button and the app then uses your device's built in microphone to listen to audio. Through the internet, Shazam then identifies the song and saves it to your list of Shazams. For example, I have songs that I Shazamed from years ago that I can scroll back and find the name of. If you are running on LTE or 3G Shazam can run into problems identifying songs BUT the app will save what it heard and identify the song later when it gets internet.
Personally I think the app is optimized for phones but I am sure you could use it on other devices.
I have used Shazam for going on three years now. Only once has it wrongly identified a song; even then it got the song title correct but it was a different artist so technically it was still right.
Honestly I reccomend everyone to have Shazam if you are as big of a music buff as me. 5/5, the app does what it is supposed to do.
I look at this app as a tool for my personal growth and career. I'm a performing professional musician, and I gain influence from many genres. I don't know all the artists; only what my ear likes and my mind grooves too. Shazam is in my use 100% on par with accuracy identifying the artist, song, and offers in app purchase, artist bio's, and other useful info. I couldn't be happier or, ask for anything better.
I love this I have never been able to recognize a song that is on but now I can I never knew about this but I downloaded it because of my love for songs I now have a whole bunch of songs a did a Shazam on. But I wish I could hear the whole song of the one I did a Shazam on so then you could buy it instead of going to the iTunes Store.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 13, 2017
- Version: 10.6.1
- Size: 151 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Shazam Entertainment Limited
- © 2017 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad free$6.99
- Upgrade From (Shazam)REDFree