Shazam for Mac takes your music discovery to a whole new level. Catch the music playing around you without ever digging a phone out of your pocket. Go nuts, match it all!
Shazam runs quietly behind the scenes, but springs to life when it finds a song you should know about, creating a playlist as it goes. You can now effortlessly find it, share it or buy it.
• Operates magically in the background, ready to name that tune at a moment’s notice.
• Instant, seamless access to all the music that makes up the world around you.
• One-click access to lyrics, music videos or to listen on Apple Music.
• Discover like never before, share like always.
Let Shazam teach your Mac a few new tricks and bring the magic home!
We’ve fixed a few crashes and improved our audio sample rate support, so Shazaming should now work with more microphone setups.
Got a question? Visit support.shazam.com.
Ratings and Reviews
App doesn’t work!!
I used tp have Shazam on my Mac Book Pro. I had tried SEVERAL times to find out what songs were and each time the program NEVER came back with it. I made sure my mic was on and that it was picking up sounds but still, never recognized any of the music that I have used it for. It also has updated to the latest version. I thought for sure this last update would have worked but, even with the latest update I still get no hits and on popular 80s music as well. I can understand if it is some obscure song but these were all mainstream songs. Sorry this is such a bad review but, if they had created a better song recognizer the I would probably be giving a good review. That is if it even worked.
What happened to remaining time clock?
1.2.0 not working at all…
The small badge on Shazam menu icon is stuck… as if it is in endless loop..This update seems to be not fully QA tested. Not picking up anything… nothing at alll since this update came out… I wish I could revert back to previous…. Have to rate it 1 star till it’s fixed… earlier, I would rate it 5 stars but now 1.
Still won’t work on OS X El Capitan on 2007 iMac 20"
1.3.x on 27” 5K Retina iMac running macOS High Sierra
Works fine but misses lots of songs… and it now lost the remaining timer… I wonder… I liked this feature… I give this 3 stars till it reconigze more sounds efficiently and bring back timer then get 5 stars… why do I feel like I am extorting Shazam?
All features down, one to go!
It’s great, it can hear better than the phone’s version, it’s fast and easy to use, the login the only feature lacking, but still, we can now have some expectations from apple..
- Shazam Entertainment Limited
- 8.7 MB
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.