By Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Shazam for Mac takes your music discovery to a whole new level. Catch the music playing around you without ever digging a phone out of your pocket. Go nuts, match it all!
Shazam runs quietly behind the scenes, but springs to life when it finds a song you should know about, creating a playlist as it goes. You can now effortlessly find it, share it or buy it.
• Operates magically in the background, ready to name that tune at a moment’s notice.
• Instant, seamless access to all the music that makes up the world around you.
• One-click access to lyrics, music videos or to listen on Apple Music.
• Discover like never before, share like always.
Let Shazam teach your Mac a few new tricks and bring the magic home!
What's New in Version 1.2.2
We apologize to those of you who experienced a crash on OS X 10.9 Mavericks or lost your Shazam history. Upgrade to this version to put those nasty bugs behind you and get back up and running!
Its a hit and miss for now.
- Missing unified version that has been prophesized. Stuff on phone doesnt sync with mac, very bad idea.
- Hit and miss when detecting songs. I have better luck turning speakers on and letting the mobile app listen in. Its the same engine so I dont understand whats going on.
I’d hate to request more features while basic app functionality is missing but it could use a preview to play 30sec version when I hit album art on already shazamed songs.
Works - But Clunky
I got this to work after a minute of waiting or so But….all it does is tell you what song is playing (which any app that monitors iTunes can do. But, the big deal for me with Shazam is that for iOS, it allows you see dynamic lyrics in the app. Here, for the Mac version, it links you to their website which will show the lyrics. Not the same thing, and rather pointless.
App is slow and has a difficult time picking up any detection of any song. This should be fast and reliable and its the complete opposite. ios app is a lot better. Expect better. Should be able to click the shazam logo to turn it on and let it detect music that way instead of turning it off/on with the 5 hour clock running for no reason. Should be able to delete previously streamed songs. All around mess! You guys need new Mac devs to recode this app from top to bottom.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 13, 2016
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shazam Entertainment Limited
- © 2017 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor