By Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Shazam is here to lend its ears to your Mac.
The app you’ve come to rely on as your go-to music expert is ready to work its magic like never before—in the background, no smartphone required. Shazam for Mac never misses a beat, catching and identifying every bit of music and TV while you go about business as usual. Discover more than ever, with less of a footprint.
Shazam runs quietly behind the scenes, but springs to life the moment it hears anything you should know about, automatically creating a playlist of its findings to revisit anytime. With one click, you can easily listen on Apple Music, share, sing and dance.
1. Operates magically in the background, ready to name that tune at a moment’s notice.
2. Instant, seamless access to all the music that makes up the world around you.
3. One-click access to lyrics, music videos or to listen on Apple Music.
4. Discover like never before, share like always.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
This update fixes an issue where the app would stop recognizing songs after wake up.
A valiant effort
It’s clear from the simplicity, clean interface, and easy usability that you put good effort into this. It’s great. Well. Almost. Just when I check my battery usage, one application is using the most power: Shazam!
You should be running with little or no energy expended. But no! So now I can’t leave this going in the background (it IS really draining my mid-2014 Macbook Pro’s battery). Please try again, guys.
But it works otherwise.
Needs lots of improvements!
The only reason I wanted to download this app was to be able to see all of the songs I have shazamed on my phone so that I could easily click on the songs to add them through Apple Music to my iTunes Library. Other than that issue, the app is pretty good for it’s main purpose which is song recognition.
Please make this app be able to sync with your account and I’ll consider downloading again.
Was streaming some music and it picked up 80% of them on my desktop iMac. Clicked on the Shazam icon, opened iTunes and made a few music purchases.
This is an awesome free app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 26, 2015
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shazam Entertainment Limited
- © 2014 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor