SHAZAM BOLT$ helps you protect your debit card by sending you alerts when your card is used so you can quickly detect unauthorized or fraudulent activity on your account. Users have the option to receive alerts via text or email. You can also check your account balance anytime, turn your card off and on, send money to other SHAZAM BOLT$ users and find nearby ATMs.
Alerts are provided for:
• Purchases exceeding thresholds as defined by you
• Card-not-present purchases
• Suspicious or high-risk transactions
With this app, you have the ability to define when, where and how your debit card can be used. Users can set blocks for:
• Transactions exceeding a specific dollar amount
• Internet and phone transactions
• Transactions conducted outside of the U.S.
Turn your debit card on / off
This control can be used to disable a lost or stolen card, prevent fraudulent activity and control spending.
More great features
- Users can check their balance without logging into the app with the Quick Balance feature
- Users can choose to enable Touch ID, a secure and quick way to sign on with your fingerprint so you don’t have to type in a password
NOTE: This application is powered by SHAZAM and is activated through specific financial institutions. Check with your financial institution to ensure they participate in SHAZAM BOLT$ prior to downloading and if they participate in optional features.
SHAZAM BOLT$ has made several enhancements, including:
· Refreshed screen designs provide a better user experience.
· A new menu gives the user an easy way to navigate throughout the app.
· Setting alerts and blocks is easier and there are fewer screens to navigate.
· The user will only need to update their password once a year.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is OK if you just want a quick balance check, but that's ALL it does! It's pretty worthless for information. With that said, it also won't remember my login/password info (so I have to type THAT in every time), the password rules are relatively convoluted for the quality of secure info that's at risk, AND they FORCE YOU to change your password every few weeks/months, so you have to come up with (and remember) MORE convoluted passwords. Without some changes, this app won't make it far into 2014...
Easy set up; easy to use
Don't let some of the bad reviews above fool you- this app was both easy to set up, and is easy to use. Follow the directions when you first start the app, and you will have no problem registering and then using the app. Highly recommend.
Don't know if worth it
Nice to have notice whenever my card is used. However I just had to get a new card and spent over an hour trying to get into my account and change the card info. No support, no phone #! There is no way I could have miss-typed that many times and never recd the emails to change password. So opened new account and same thing happened! Won't recognize passwords. Had to request change password 3 times?! I understand security, but really?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.