Sheet Music Scanner - Score Player
By David Zemsky
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Music at the tips of your fingers
Scans printed sheet music using the built-in camera and plays it for you.
Ever wondered, how that interestingly looking piece of printed sheet music sounds? Piece of cake with Sheet Music Scanner. Just point your iPhone or iPad at the sheet and let it play the notes for you.
Choose the instrument, pick the speed and enjoy!
• Scan the whole sheet at once using the built-in camera
• Alternatively, recognise a picture from your image library
• Pick a bar to play the song from
• The recognised symbols are highlighted as they are played
• Support for more voices played in parallel at the same time, e.g. both piano hands
• Multi-page support
• The pitch standard can be set from the standard 440Hz to 380 - 480Hz as expected by the instrument and musical standard
• Speed: 50 - 230 beats per minute
• Instruments: Acoustic Bass, Alto Sax, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bass Guitar, Cello, Choir, Clarinet, Double Bass, Flute, French Horn, Guitar - Classical, Clean, Distortion, Mandolin, Organ, Rock Organ, Piano, Recorder, Tenor Sax, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Viola, Violin. Actual instrument pitch supported for transposing instruments.
• Pitch shift / sound transposition support by semitones up to 2 octaves up or down.
• Supports all the important symbols of contemporary musical notation: treble, bass and alto clefs, key signatures, notes (including tied notes and duration dots), rests and accidentals.
• Import from image files. All the common image types supported: PNG, JPG, TIFF, etc. *
• Import from PDF *
• Export as MIDI, MusicXML, audio (M4A / AAC) to cloud drives *, directly to other apps or via AirDrop
• 2 for 1: this app is universal - you will get both the iPhone and iPad versions for the price of one.
* All major cloud drives supported: iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive (the appropriate drive client app has to be installed for this to work).
iPhone 5S, iPad 4, iPad Mini
iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPad 4th generation, iPad Air or iPad Mini Retina or newer device for best experience.
• iPad 2 has lower camera resolution than the newer models and is not sufficient for good recognition results directly from the camera. It will however work well with high resolution images downloaded from the Internet.
• Some symbols are not supported yet: repeat signs, codas, triplets / tuplets, percussion notation, dynamics, double sharps, double flats and grace notes. These are on the to-do list and will come in the future updates.
• Clefs: the app reads 3 types of clefs at present: treble, bass, alto. It does not read octave clefs yet (will be soon) or clef changes in the middle of one staff.
• There are some technical limitations:
- The app needs good quality print and photo (when scanning from the camera).
- Some older prints or unusual fonts might not get recognized correctly.
For more information, please see the support page: http://www.sheetmusicscanner.com/support
If you experience any problems, please contact the support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming soon, priorities ordered based on user feedback:
• Improvements in recognition
• Octave clefs, clef changes
• Repeat signs
• Sharing of recognized scores between devices
• Editor to fix any recognition issues in the app directly
What's New in Version 2.5.0
- Added a transposition slider (± 2 octaves) and the actual instrument pitch switch.
- Improved multi-page scores memory management; handles many more pages now. Tested with 75 pages.
- Accessibility update to button names to better support VoiceOver.
Many thanks everyone for sending your scores and feedback and helping make the app better with each release!
If you enjoy using Sheet Music Scanner, please take a minute to leave a nice review; it really helps.
Scanns 95% Correct for me !!! Love it !!!
Only thing i would love in future. Is ability to fix individual notes that the scanner did not pick it up.
Something like chose: note, Tremble, Base and other musical components from a drop down list and insert it in place of a bad one.
It's amazing! If you don't play the piano and need to learn songs for auditions, etc it does the job!
My only criticism I have is that it reads common time signature as a note.
The best that I have found on the App store. Highly Recommended!
I have tried several apps like this, and this one is hands-down the best of them all. Scanning with the built-in camera on my iPad Pro gave me about 95% recognition, but scanning with my desktop printer/scanner to a 600 dpi png file was 100% accurate. Haven't tried the XML export, but if it is as good as the rest of the app then this is a home run!