Sheets manages and views all of your PDF Sheet Music files and syncs them with Google Drive.*
You can download and open new sheet music files from the built in browser or any other browser app of your choice and Sheets will upload them to the Google Drive folder that you chose during the setup when you hit the "sync" button. You can also add files to the Drive folder from your computer and Sheets will automatically download them to your iPad.
Not only does this ensure you that you won't lose all of your files in case something happens to your iPad but it also means that you can use one Google Drive folder to synchronize your Sheet Music collection across multiple devices with one simple tap. Since Google Drive is a universal service you will be able to access all of your sheet music from other devices, apps and browsers wherever you are.
- Google Drive Backup & Sync
- Filename changes
- Import an existing sheet music collection from a Google Drive folder
- Store and sync file metadata (Title, Composer, Op, No, Musical Form, Key ...)
- Create filename from the metadata by picking a naming convention
- Sheets can guess file metadata from the filename**
- Search or filter your music collection to find pieces quickly
- Download new files from the web through a built in browser
- Keeping track of deleted files so you can re-download them from the Google Drive at any time.
- View your collection as thumbnails or as a names list
- Swipe or tap to change pages
- Quick page overview using thumbnails
- Print or E-mail PDF files
- Clean and simple design
(Note: Sheets currently doesn't offer the possibility to annotate your sheet music files with drawings. If this is an essential feature to you, then you will probably find another app that suits your needs better. )
* A Google account is required to use this feature.
** The guessing of file metadata might be wrong every now and again but it's especially useful if you import a sheet collection where the files contain a lot of information in their names already. You can always edit the metadata yourself as well. The metadata will only be guessed once when the files are added/ imported for the first time.
- Many stability and performance improvements
- Crash fixes
- UI & UX improvements
- Replaced the built in browser with opening the default external system browser
- Improved Settings menu
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes on Startup
I love the idea, and think I like the design, but never really got to try it, because once I imported pdf's, it crashed, and then would crash just after the splash screen. Tried two different iPads. Bummer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.