By AFK Creative
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Shelf Life is an easy-to-use program for anyone that wants to manage information about books that they’re interested in.
Shelf Life allows you to keep books in three different categories: -
The Wanted list holds details of books that you don’t yet have access to (perhaps they haven’t even been written yet, but you know it’s on the way). The Reading List holds details of the books you’ve got queued up to read; you either own them, or have them on loan from the library, it doesn’t matter.
Finally, Finished books are those books that you’ve finished reading.
- Capture Title, Author, Genre, Series Number, Series Name, and Release Date information about your books
- Add books to one of three lists: Wanted, Reading List, Finished
- Flag books that you're currently reading
- Deleted books can be either restored to a list or fully deleted
- Standard reports including a summary of your books and top 10 authors and genres that your books revolve around, as well as each list
- Search your lists for books based on a variety of criteria (Title, Author, Genre, Category, Rating)
- Produce custom reports based on your search criteria
Shelf Life is NOT a cataloguing application. It is designed for people who read books, and want to keep track perhaps of a series, especially where the series isn't complete, and so the title may not yet be available in online wishlists.
What's New in Version 1.1
A book’s Release Date field is now free text instead of a formatted date value.
Formatting improved when showing books with a series name but no book number.
A book’s rating value can now be set in 0.5 increments.
The main window can now be used full-screen.
Grid line spacing tweaked for all tables.
Reports can also be saved to Rich Text (RTF) Format.
Grey shading in reports is now a lighter shade of grey.
Minimum OSX version is now 10.7.
Note: version 1.0 of Shelf Life will not be able to use data files from version 1.1 - if you have multiple installations of Shelf Life, please ensure you upgrade all of them to 1.1 in order to continue sharing your data.