SSH client designed for usability and performance.
RELIABLE AND FAST
- Hardware accelerated text rendering.
- Robust terminal emulation based on the PuTTY engine.
- Works great with programs such as 'screen' and 'irssi'.
CONTROL WITH GESTURES
- Default gestures optimized for irssi. Just swipe to switch channels or to scroll up and down.
- Fully customizable. Any keypress or action can be attached to any gesture.
- Save user credentials and configure a remote command such as ‘screen -rd’ to connect with one tap.
- 3D touch support. Connect directly from the iOS home screen.
- Easily bind custom actions to buttons on the keyboard toolbar.
- Works with custom iOS keyboards such as SwiftKey.
OPEN LINKS AND SELECT TEXT
- Familiar iOS text selection experience. Long-press on text to show the selection controls.
- Copy and paste text.
- Select a URL to easily open it in the web browser.
- Terminal color themes. Choose your favorite from the several themes included or make your own.
- Key file authentication support. Import an existing private key, or create a new key and export the public key.
- Host key verification and management.
- Agent forwarding (OpenSSH servers only).
- Keep connections alive in the background for up to 3 minutes (maximum allowed by iOS.)
- Plenty of other configuration options.
Please note that some features require a paid upgrade. You can try all features for free for a limited time.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the app to crash when using Face ID.
- Fixed UI issues when using the application in split view mode on iPad.
- Fixed key combinations with more than one modifier key not being properly recognized (when using a bluetooth keyboard).
- Function keys (F1, F2, F3 etc.) are now easily accessible through a single button on the keyboard toolbar.
- Font now supports glyphs from the Nerd Fonts project (including Powerline symbols etc.).
- Full support for Ed25519 keys, including authentication, generation and import/export.
- Host key verification and management.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app at fantastic value
This is definitely a first rate SSH app, and the 14 day free trial of premium features gives you a chance to really test drive it before committing. The premium upgrade is downright cheap, and a no brainer. I suggest everyone get it ASAP. 4.5 stars for the background connection issue I mention next.
My only issues so far: 1) It would be nice if the app at least notified you when it was about to close a connection while in the background. Termius does this on it’s free plan, and has a work around to keep connections open even longer on their much more expensive premium plan. 2) Mosh support would be nice. 3) I feel like the developer is unknown, and their website doesn’t even mention this app. Very strange considering how well executed this app seems.
My tried and true ssh app still hasn’t added support for iPhone X. Tried a few other apps and landed with this one. Clean, sexy and simple. Upgraded to pro right away. Hate that other apps charge a yearly fee. That’s crazy.
Just received the latest update. In my last review, I asked for Nerdfonts. As I was reviewing the new features, I was excited to see them added! The other features added are clearly from power users and very welcome! Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great review and the suggestion! I am considering adding new fonts and your recommendation is appreciated.
A proper ssh client that respects your privacy
After using the app for a while and determining that it fit my needs, I contacted the developers about my concerns about data collection. Unlike other ssh clients, they don’t keep logs, and the only usage statistics gleaned come from apple analytics if you are opted in from your phone’s settings. Due to the flawless functionality and the great customer service, I rate this app 5 stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.