By Production Shed Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shift Worker is an iPhone/iPod Touch application designed for people who need a quick and easy way to enter and view their shifts.
A traditional calendar is not always ideal for shift workers. Sometimes it's not easy to see your upcoming shift schedule very clearly, especially if your shifts don't fall into the traditional working week. Shift Worker solves this problem and turns the frustrating task of entry into a quick and easy experience.
Shift Worker allows you to create your own types of shifts by combining visually-attractive icons with letters/numbers so that they can be easily identified at a glance. By including a range of icons (such as suns and stars for day and night shifts) in a variety of colors, any combination is possible for all types of shifts.
Entering shifts can be done quickly by simply selecting a type of shift and tapping on each date it occurs. An entire month of shifts could be entered in seconds, an entire year in a few minutes!
In addition, Shift Worker allows you create multiple calendars to see friends and family shifts! You can send your shifts to others so they can also see your shifts at a glance as an image or in their copy of Shift Worker. To make things even simpler, you can even save your shifts to your iPhone/iPod's background so that referring to your upcoming shift schedule is as simple as picking up your iPhone/iPod.
Shift Worker also includes the ability to create colored personalized notes for each date. Notes can be used anytime additional information needs to be added to a date.
- Create a virtually unlimited amount of shift types
- Enter shifts on the calendar months in advance in seconds
- Add your rotation and automatically fill the calendar in a few simple steps
- Show friends and family shifts using multiple calendars
- View the calendar in timeline format to see your shift flow at a glance
- Create colored personalized notes for any date on the calendar
- Include week of year or week 1/2 alternating pattern on calendar
- Jump to any month by using the "Goto" button
- Save a month's worth of shifts to your background
- Share your shifts to others via email, MMS, Facebook or Twitter
- Import other Shift Worker shifts and view them all within the one app
- No in-app purchases!
- No ads!
What's New in Version 1.5.4
- Fixed a crash issue when changing a shift icon
- Fixed an issue with the calendar rotating to landscape mode
Enjoying this app
I have used this app for years, and really enjoy it, I do wish that we could add two shifts on the same date though, for example if I work a normal shift and have training for a different position in the same day. I would even pay for updates like the mentioned. Other then that I love the app and hope it stays around for a long time to come. It is my go to app for work.
Love it, however..
After trying several different similar apps, this one was the easiest to use and worked best for me. However-I work regular shifts during the week at the hospital, and am also part of a call team with many call shifts per month. I wish the app would let me enter two shifts per day. That is my only gripe! Please please add this feature!!
This app is very easy to use. Colors are vibrant, many symbols to choose from. There are a lot of options to choose from when putting in your schedule. I highly recommend this app if you are a busy nurse like I am.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 15, 2015
- Version: 1.5.4
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Production Shed Pty Ltd
- © Production Shed Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.