From the makers of the Persona series, Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 is the latest entry in the three-decade-long Megami Tensei video game franchise; bringing its dark themes, thrilling battles and mysterious storylines to life, to mobile platforms!
Take on the role of a Devil Downloader, also known as a Dx2.
Dx2s are able to summon and command demons using a special smartphone app.
Led by a mysterious man, you gain access to this special app and become a member of the Liberators, a secret organization that fights to protect the world from an opposing faction of Dx2s.
The enemy is known only as the Acolytes.
Driven by their own ideology, the Acolytes abuse their demon-summoning capabilities to wreak chaos, and are secretly eliminating people with high empathy quotients (EQ) who pose a threat to their goals.
Pick up your smartphones and join us in this quest to protect the world from the evil Acolytes!
- Summon and Fuse new demons.
- Press Turn battle system.
- Collect, Enhance, and Evolve demons; customize your Party, and apply different tactics to defeat your opponents.
Massive collection of demons
- Over 160 unique demons from the original series.
- High quality 3D graphics brings demons to life like never before!
- Each demon has its own skills. Transfer skills, and take advantage of each demon’s strengths to win in battles against tough opponents!
Augmented Reality Ready
- View demons in 360-degrees with the Augmented Reality mode.
- Pose and take pictures with your favorite demons!
Optimized for mobile with new game elements
- Enhance, Evolve and Awaken different Archetypes to form a formidable party!
- Battle Assist feature allows you to lend a hand to fellow Liberators in battle, and allows others to help you.
- Auto-battle and Speed Up mode for more play in less time.
Feature-packed for hours of fun!
- Deep JRPG storytelling. Explore modern Tokyo, including places such as Akihabara, Shinjuku and Kudanshita.
- Investigate the Aura Gate to find valuable materials.
- Participate in seasonal events and win rewards that can make your team stronger.
- Challenge other players in the PVP “Dx2 Duel” mode.
Japanese voice acting
- Turn on the sound for the full Shin Megami Tensei experience, complete with vivid narrations by the original Japanese cast!
Original Work: ATLUS
Script: Makoto Fukami
Character Design: Tatsuro Iwamoto
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/d2megaten.official/
Official Website: https://d2-megaten-l.jp/en
・Added Karma Exchange
・Expanded the Auto function of Aura Gate
・Adjusted the game balance
・Made changes to certain game features
・Resolved some issues
Ratings and Reviews
While it looks like the game is trying it’s hardest to get you to spend some money, it’s not. You don’t need premium currency to progress. Energy is fair and plentiful. Farming is a key part of the game. The game does so many things write that it makes up for the things it does wrong. About what it does wrong though. The game isn’t generous. It doesn’t hold your hand for even a second. Yes, the starting levels are easy but it gradually grows harder and harder. This requires you to farm previous levels (particularly the leveling ones) to progress. The plus the fact that you can get more creatures for more experience is more than enough to make up for that flaw. The game also has flaws in terms of glitches. They do not break the game but it’s not recommended to play on a wobbly internet connection. This game is well polished but it does take quite a drain on the battery though. It doesn’t matter because this game is worth it. It’s really fun and kills time more than anything (even some MOBAs). This game is definitely going in a good direction.
The graphics are great. I LOVE the artwork put into every character and every scene. I also love how characters are based off religious entities, legends, folklore, etc. It’s very diverse and each demon has a description, explaining which culture it originates from plus its background story. It seems like you need to pay to play, but you really don’t need to at all. Most games insist on it, especially to progress. This game, not really. The game is generous with energy and currency as long as you put effort into collecting useful items and leveling up. There’s so much to say about how cool this game is that it would take way too long to type it all out. Plus it’s better for you to find out for yourself— no spoilers! Oh, yeah, and it’s extremely entertaining, and for that, probably well worth your time. I’ve spent hours at a time just going through the main storyline (and there’s a ton of side storylines you can enjoy too). I don’t regret any time I’ve spent in gameplay. Super fun.
Amazing version of SMT!
This is by far the best way they could have ported SMT to mobile. I’ve played nearly every NA SMT game with few exceptions, mainly the newer DS titles, and I was skeptical of this being a bad gatcha port. Out of all the p2w games there are, and it increases daily, while this one has items and packages you can buy they are all unnecessary. In some cases they’re worthless.
The Gem which is the monetary currency you can have, in that it does nothing but buy demon summons or bring you back from the dead or pay for the ability to have more demons, it can be acquired via real money(never necessary) or by completing quests for the first time or by completing missions(complete 50 hard quests for example). I have never paid for anything in this game and I’ve had probably 5-6K gems since launch. You typically get 3-10 per reward and occasionally 100 for special rewards.
As for the gameplay itself I’ll sum it up briefly. If you have played SMT before, download this and give it a try and be hooked. If you haven’t, then picture a grown up and mature version of Pokémon. Except with demons based on real life mythological creatures and people. Think Thor and various types of angels for example.
TLDR: if you have played SMT, then play this you’ll love it. If you haven’t don’t be afraid to give it a try. The gatcha p2w element is nonexistent and ultimately worthless in this game. Just play it and be patient and you’ll be fine.
- SEGA CORPORATION
- 264.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- In-App Purchases
- Mega Gem Pack I $3.99
- Mega Gem Pack II $12.99
- 90 Gems $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.