Three episodes of SEGA’s Shining series hit SEGA Forever in one single app! Sharing the same universe but taking the players through different game genres – both 3D dungeon-crawler and turn-based tactical RPG – this Shining saga throws you and your team into deep stories and large-scale strategic battles. Are you ready for the three quests ahead?
Shining in the Darkness
Vanish the fiendish forces of Dark Sol and restore peace to the enchanted Kingdom of Thornwood. Search for the powerful Arms of Light and fight the savage creatures that roam the darkness of the Labyrinth. Use your warrior’s skills and cunning to pass the test of the Ancients and become a shining knight.
• 3D first-person perspective puts you in the adventure
• Incredible panoramic and cinematic views
• Fast-paced scrolling whisks you from battle to battle, for non-stop action
Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention
The Continent of Rune has slumbered in peace for 50 generations. A horde of invaders swarm across the border, while a dragon that has slept for centuries stirs in its tomb. Only the King’s youngest swordsman and his war party can defy the Dark Dragon’s evil power and crush the mighty army!
• Control up to 10 different characters at once
• Increase their skills and attributes through strategy, combat, and exploration!
• Search through eight brilliant scenarios
• Sub-quests and imaginative sequences make every game a new adventure!
Shining Force II
In the eerie Cave of the Past, a mischievous thief tampers with the mystical Stones of light and Dark. The Stones once imprisoned the Evil of All Ages. Now the deadly Zeon is unleashed. His rage will hurl the galaxy into eternal darkness — unless the Shining Force can stop him!
• The legendary epic resumes with an entirely new story, awesome cinematic battle sequences, and incredible monsters!
• Build an awesome 12-member strike force from over 20 characters and develop them into fiercer, stronger, more magical warriors!
• Experience superb fantasy-style 16-bit graphics!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#2e_Third_Party_Info for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Shining Bundle, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Lowly bugs, we have crushed them beneath our heels!
- Ads no longer appear after you have purchased the ad-free version
- Using magic in Shining Force 2 no longer causes the game to crash
Ratings and Reviews
SEGA has gone the way of EA...
On one hand, it is great to have all three of these great games in one convenient app, especially since Shining Force 2 and Shining in the Darkness are so hard to find on modern systems. However, SEGA has really disappointed me this time. They lure you in with a free game, but then spring the fact that you have to watch numerous advertisements, including every time you boot up or save the game... you can pay 4.99 to “remove all ads” but in fact it only removes non-Sega adds. Plus, you still have to watch one to save the game, and I am still seeing non-Sega adds there, so this is literally false advertising. I don’t see how it is legal. And on top of that, they force you to be connected to the internet to save, in case you thought you could enjoy the game and also skip the ads..... Sega used to offer a paid version of the original game that was fantastic, but they removed it from the store so they could gyp money from misguided fans with their advertising. If his isn’t bad enough, the emulator is somewhat broken as I have had the games freeze mid battle with the only option being to quit and lose progress. The games themselves I give a 5/5. The app....0/5
Annoying but good also
The games themselves are great they play well just like I remember them but just to do even simple things requires you to watch ads saving? Nope gotta watch an ad first loading up the game? What gotta watch this ad first! UNPAUSING THE GAME? Nope you still need to watch an ad they aren’t long only being around 5 seconds so they aren’t too bad... but the need to constantly watch them to do basic game functions is just dumb also doesn’t help that there are some glitches with the game either for example Sarah I’m too can’t use healing spells the game just pauses the music still plays but she just sits there holding her staff in the air no matter what you do... tried saving and reloading rewinding time nothing works though
Please fix shining force 2
I live this game and have since I can remember. But there is a serious glitch with Shining force 2. Whenever some character goes to cast a spell the game freezes up totally destroying the experience. I thought it was just my magicians at first so I thought I would try to do it without using them, but then in the battles the enemy mages did the exact same thing! PLEASE FIX THIS! Sadly, it almost looks like this was released without being beta tested. I would be more than happy to change my rating of this app because I have waited so long for this from SEGA.
- Sega America
- 160.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Shining Force Bundle Premium $4.99
- Shining Force Premium Upgrade $1.99
- Shining Force 2 Premium $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.