By Shiny Things
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Shiny Bakery is open! Alice the Zebra loves to bake but she needs help mixing, measuring, decorating, then serving the cakes and cookies to customers.
Shiny Bakery is a learning tool for 2 – 5 year olds, which introduces early number sense through counting, measuring, dividing, and sequencing activities. In this latest app from Shiny Things, children will develop understanding of mathematical fundamentals such as number, cause and effect, matching, and division.
- Math: Your child learns to count as they add one… two… three eggs to the mix.
- Following Recipes: Using steps provided by pictures, your child will develop the understanding involved with following a recipe.
- Cause and effect: What happens when you put the wrong ingredients into your cake? Why is a customer sad when the cookies weren’t shared equally?
- Sharing & Dividing: The customers have arrived! How can you divide the cake into equal portions, or share the cookies out to keep everyone happy?
- Reading Emotions: Explore the emotions of customers as they leave satisfied, or perhaps upset, with the distribution. Share proportionally and they are sure to be delighted with the delicious treats made for them.
- Problem solving: Made a mistake? No need to panic! Stop and think about what happened, and try again.
Shiny Bakery also assists in the development of:
- Fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination, as your child grabs, cracks, sifts, mixes and decorates on-screen items.
- Creativity and imagination: With a blank canvas your child is free to decorate using in-game icing, sprinkles, and assorted decorations.
- Open-mindedness: It’s OK to make a mess. While fun, baking isn’t always clean. Messes happen and that’s fine; just make sure you clean it up!
While developed to allow your child to play unassisted, Shiny Kids apps are best discovered with co-play. Play along with your child to talk through the in-game experiences involved with reading emotions, problem solving and sharing.
ABOUT SHINY THINGS:
Shiny Bakery is a digital publication from Shiny Things. It’s the sixth story in the Shiny Kids collection of educational interactive apps and eBooks designed for children 3-6 years.
Privacy is important to us. Outside of the childproof parental section, our apps:
- Do not have in-app purchases or ads.
- Do not collect personal information.
- Do not integrate with social networks.
- Do not use analytics or other data collection tools.
Waste of money
As an iOS developer and parent of two toddlers, I download a lot of apps for children. While I applaud the lack of in-app purchases, the app isn't worth the price tag (Sorry). There are much better puzzle games and better teaching games. It is just not compelling enough to hold my child's attention.
My son loves this app and it secretly helps him with counting. Of course, I wish it had more shape options for cookies and cakes but my son doesn't seem to mind.
Bought this for my 2 yr old and was able to maneuver through it in no time. She enjoyed all aspects of this app! I'm sure it'll reinforce all learning aspects in no time while she has FUN.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Released: Dec 31, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 121 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shiny Things Software Pty Ltd
- © Shiny Things Pty. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.