Ever wonder what happens if you eye pops out of its socket? The answer to this and many other survival medicine tactics is included in The Ship Captain's Medical Guide. The Ship Captain’s Medical Guide app over 1,100 pages content developed by the United Kingdom’s Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
The Ship Captain’s Medical Guide is intended for use on ships where no doctor is carried. The app includes recommended measures of prevention and treatment are therefore confined to those which can reasonably be expected of the ship’s officers. Now you can have access to this information too.
Some topics covered include:
- General principles of first aid
- General assessment of the situation
- Toxic hazards
- General nursing
- Care of the injured
--- Internal injuries
--- Head injuries
--- Eye injuries
--- Ear injuries
--- Nose injuries
--- Mouth and dental injuries
--- Burns and scalds
--- Sprains and strains
- Causes and prevention of diseases
- Communicable diseases
- External assistance
- Basic anatomy and physiology
If you boat, hike, climb mountains, hunt, fish or spend time outdoors this guide provides you valuable information not found in traditional first aid and survival manuals.
You might also be interested in our other boating apps:
- Boater’s Pocket Reference
- Navigation Rules
- Boating Calcs
- Coastal Navigation 5
* Updated for compatibility with iOS 10 and above.
* Improved usability and sharing.
Ratings and Reviews
Ship Captain's Medical Guide
An excellent referance when the need arises for action and possible life saving! The fact that this is always with me in my phone is an added bonus. This app is a must for the thoughtful traveler.
Ship medical ref
Can I get my money back? Very basic first aid manual. Was looking for more in depth guide and for the money this was way overpriced. Not worth $5.00!
- Double Dog Studios
- 29.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2009-2017 Double Dog Studios, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.