Please note: Only CSX customers with valid login credentials for ShipCSX will have access to the features on the ShipCSX mobile application.
The ShipCSX mobile application provides customers anywhere/anytime access to updates on the status of their rail shipments from an iPhone. Customers can retrieve up-to-date information about their shipments using Railcar Trace, Train Trace, and Equipment Specifications (UMLER), or send information to CSX using Shipping Instructions, View Inventory, and Plant Switch.
ShipCSX Mobile is designed with our supply-chain and logistics conscious business customers in mind. For security reasons, only authenticated CSX customers can access shipment information through the application.
If you need to set up a new secure login ID or reset your password, contact the ShipCSX team.
- Minor changes to Plant Switch module.
-- Off-Spot switch requests no longer permit track or spot entry.
-- Placement requests may be limited to available capacity.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs serious improvements
I really liked this app when it first came around. It showed such promise but all this time later and basic flaws with it have never been corrected.
1. The biggest thing that drives me crazy with this app is that it constantly kicks you out every few minutes. This means having to login 3-4 times on a single visit. After several visits in a day it gets really annoying.
2. The usage policy every time you login is retarded. I’ve never used any app that requires you to agree to the terms and conditions every single time you login. When you have to login 20 times in a day it just gets stupid after a while.
4. The driver does not have the ability to cancel a mission once it has been entered.
5. The app offers no way to check availability or location of the unit without going through all the steps in creating an out gate.
The developers of this app really should look at the Northfolk Southern app. It’s light years better than this piece of crap and is actually a useful tool for drivers.
Worked great at first. Now it’s useless for me.
I only have to use this app at 59th St in Chicago. When it first came out it was a breeze to get in and out. Now ever since they moved the Flip Area to the end of the stacks every time I ingate with it I get a “Failed To Deck” error and have to go to the DA anyway which defeated the purpose for the app for me. Our company uses all private chassis so I’m not sure if that’s the problem but it was fine before they moved the Flip Area.
Great app but need lots of work like the safety feature for moving after you stop it takes 5-10 min to pull back so you have to close the app and restart it and also it doesn’t let you delete mission sometimes our loads change last min!
- CSX Technology Inc.
- 50 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©CSX is a registered trademark of CSX Transportation. ©2014 CSX, Jacksonville, Fl. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.