Shirabe Jisho (Japanese dictionary)
By Blazej Stanek
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simple but powerful Japanese-English, English-Japanese dictionary app.
The app's features include:
● Over 170.000 dictionary entries with readings and english meaning
● Over 6.500 kanji characters with stroke order
● Over 730.000 Japanese names, place names and institution names
● Over 147.000 example sentences with translation
● Instantaneous search results
● Character input by kanji and kana handwriting recognition. Recognition algorithm can handle wrong stroke order and small mistakes.
● When multiple similar characters are found, you don't need to redo drawing after each character - just long press to see a preview
● Search by kanji radicals (for example 日 and 月 will find 明)
● Wildcard search - "*" can replace any number of characters and "?" can replace any single character. Works both with English and Japanese words.
● Search by kanji, kana and romaji - "じしょ", "じsho" and "jisho" will give the same search results
● Kanji lists by JLPT level and school grade (1 - 6)
● Multiple word lists divided by subject, grammatical function, JLPT level and more
What's New in Version 1.4.3
fixed opinion popup appearing way to often
fixed bookmarks deleting problem, where deleted was next bookmark instead of selected one
fixed flashcard "info" button not appearing on wide devices
added swipe navigation everywhere
As a Japanese student in college I cannot recommend this app more.
Kanji draw feature saves me daily, I love being able to make lists and study them, and the pre-built in stuff is fantastic. Runs smooth, I've never had a single error. You can even learn on the main menu.
I love. This app.
For any level!!
No matter what level of Japanese you're learning, this is a must have app! Very impressive. It's easy to use to look up almost anything. Even for people who know almost no Japanese. Highly recommended!! 👍
Can't recommend this app enough for learning Japanese. The flashcard feature is so useful, though I do wish it were possible to export the lists for printing, etc.